Cig lighter and rear speakers just stop working? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cig lighter and rear speakers just stop working?

Mountaineer03

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Mountaineer
is there a reason why my cig lighter in the back and both of my rear speakers would stop working? i had been working back there putting in a PS2 but i didn't go near any wires that would affect the speakers or cig lighter. Also i dont think the speakers are blown because they dont rattle or anything, they simply dont cut on at all. Thanks.

Sounds like you blew one or more fuses somehow. Check your Owners Guide for fuse numbers and locations. That rear cig lighter is listed as Power Point #2. Don't know about speaker fuses, my Owners Guide is not handy right now. Maybe they're on the same circuit?

hey man the cig lighter thing was right. I already checked the fuse "cigar lighter, OBD2" and itw as fine but i never knew that the power point #2 was the cig lighter. It was indeed blown, and it works now. The speakers are still a problem, and when i turn on my car now, sometimes the front left speaker doesn't come on either for a few minutes. Then it starts up. Do the rear speakers have a fuse?

I don't know about PS2, but does it involve using the vehicle's speakers for sound? Do you need to ground the PS2 a part, as you would a stereo?

Back