Cle Elum Meet Sept. 9-10 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cle Elum Meet Sept. 9-10

More

Attachments

• DSCN3370.JPG
    DSCN3370.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCN3371.JPG
    DSCN3371.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCN3372.JPG
    DSCN3372.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 351

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some of the awsome views

Attachments

• DSCN3387.JPG
    DSCN3387.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCN3385.JPG
    DSCN3385.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCN3377.JPG
    DSCN3377.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN3375.JPG
    DSCN3375.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 355

Diff Whack Daddy said:
Made it home and unloaded in record time. 32 minutes flat to have everything in it's parking spot w/ the camper unloaded.
You suck ;)

Albino 94LTD said:
BTW, Kevin is the only one that had to make repairs on the trail!!! :p :p
What the hell did you break Kevin?

96ExplorerXL4x4 said:

Disconnect those sway bars and the front driver and rear passenger tires would have been on the ground through that section ;)

Ya know after browsing through the photo's again I am very glad that it was all dry, some things would have really sucked without traction....

90ranajo said:
What the hell did you break Kevin?
RA nut and bushing, like Dreamr said, also the brake on his winch quit. He could reel in and out but it wouldn't hold at stop.

Good thing mine works in back too. I let myself down that loose steep hill :D

sorry guys I had to bail early, please dont think I was being a ahole or anything I just figured between the truck, the dust in my sinuses and the bumps that realy did a number on my body, it was time for me to get home to take meds, I left without telling you guys cause i didnt know when you were getting back and just wanted to get on the road. But looking under the truck yesterday it looks like the front drive shaft is not sitting right its crooked and theres a piece that goes arround it that looks like it should be set right in is sticking out a good inch ill get pics up.

I had a kickass time the short time i was there with you guys, thanks. Ill get my pics up later today.

Looks, awesome. I think that hill might have scared me too much :eek:
My truck is in the shop for front gears! Hopefully I will be with you guys next time.
Albino, does your winch drop the front of your truck very much? I really like the idea of one you can take off so easily and not have to drive around with it all the time.

;)
mysticclam said:
Looks, awesome. I think that hill might have scared me too much :eek:
My truck is in the shop for front gears! Hopefully I will be with you guys next time.
Albino, does your winch drop the front of your truck very much? I really like the idea of one you can take off so easily and not have to drive around with it all the time.

When you see someone else make it through, you courage increases significantly. :cool: John could've made that last one if he had removed his sway bar. :rolleyes: The only drawbacks on this trip were the dust and scratches, so if you don't want to scratch your rig, we'll need to take you to Fortune Creek where the fire is.

No the 100lb winch doesn't drop the front end very much but I would recommend Rancho RSX 9000 shocks if you do cause having all that weight up front makes it pretty bouncy. The RSX's have adjustable rebound damping :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Being able to put it on ether end was WONDERFUL :D

Phil don't you mean RX 9000's the RSX it a diffrent line

Looked like fun. Sorry I missed out. Although, I did have a ton of fun working 14 hours friday and another 9 on sat.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been talking to a rep at warn via e-mail and we are thinking that the winch just had brake fade. He says when powering out for long periods of time it creates a lot of heat, which we saw and felt, and can cause the brake to slip. I will test the winch when I get home today to see if it holds the load after cooling off.

Back