cleaning injectors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cleaning injectors

erikvanden

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford
I wanted to clean out my injectors. Ideally I would want to remove the injectors and clean them individually but with the 4.0 OHC it is just to much of a pain for what it is worth. With that being said I wanted to run injector cleaner through the engine. I have already added some cleaner to the tank but I don't think that did much. So what I wanted to know was what is the best way to run injector cleaner through the engine? I'm sure there is a vacuum line that works well but what one? pictures would be helpful.

Vacc line won't clean the injectors, except for the very tip. That would put the chemical into the cylinder. You need a injector cleaner that hooks up to the shrader valve on the fuel rail.

Vacc line won't clean the injectors, except for the very tip. That would put the chemical into the cylinder. You need a injector cleaner that hooks up to the shrader valve on the fuel rail.

I thought people always run seafoam and injector cleaners through the car?

so I would probably need to take it to a shop that can do it?

I would take it to a shop if you don't have the equipltment to do it. The in the tank stuff helps but doesn't do the job of tying into the fuel rail and running the chimical right into the injectors.

Back