Clicking noise coming from the engine. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clicking noise coming from the engine.

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
I can't figure this out, there is a clicking noise coming from my new motor, I got an engine with 20,000 miles on it with a warranty, had it installed, and I believe the guys did some **** wrong becuz m motor sounds funny at times. Sometimes when you start it, there is a grinding noise near the bottom rear of the motor and a clicking noise near the oil cap. Other times, there is only a slight clicking noise and a slight grinding noise, other times, only that clicking sound. One thing I did notice is that there seems to be a vacuum going through the oil cap, as in, when you loosen the oil cap, you hear air being sucked in like there is a vacuum, I dont believe it is supposed to do that. I need help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My truck does this too except i have a OHV. changed the oil and it went away for a day but now its back and seems louder than before

the motor is out of another 2001 Sport

Most likely SOHC, specially if it's from something that 'new'

Most likely SOHC, specially if it's from something that 'new'

I agree but it is good to find out all info before trying to give someone info they don't need;)

its sohc... I resolved one problem by changing out the spark plugs, but I think my valves are making one of the noises, but that grinding noise baffles me

Back