Climate Control Temperature Display | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate Control Temperature Display

Ironbutt1345

Reaction score
City, State
North Augusta SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer XLT 4WD
Callsign
W4TJR
I just today brought home a 2022 Explorer XLT 4WD. It has dual zone climate control. In some of the pictures I’ve seen the temperature displayed on each side of the control panel just above the temperature adjusting device. Mine does not, it’s only displayed on the touchscreen. Is there a way to turn that on, or am I out of luck? No big deal I guess, just curious. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just today brought home a 2022 Explorer XLT 4WD. It has dual zone climate control. In some of the pictures I’ve seen the temperature displayed on each side of the control panel just above the temperature adjusting device. Mine does not, it’s only displayed on the touchscreen. Is there a way to turn that on, or am I out of luck? No big deal I guess, just curious. Thanks in advance!
I believe that option was taken away on the 2022s I have a 2020 Limited That has the temperature displays

They'll say it was the chip shortage or supply chain issues but I don't think any other of the Explorer's competitors have as many features that were on the MY2020 get taken away in each successive year. Usually you ADD features and make MORE features standard. This on top of baseline interior quality that is already low. This will almost certainly be the first and last Ford product I will buy.

They'll say it was the chip shortage or supply chain issues but I don't think any other of the Explorer's competitors have as many features that were on the MY2020 get taken away in each successive year. Usually you ADD features and make MORE features standard. This on top of baseline interior quality that is already low. This will almost certainly be the first and last Ford product I will buy.
Yeah, it’s had the auto start/stop deleted, which I really don’t mind, but also the rear climate control module, which is disappointing.

Yeah, it’s had the auto start/stop deleted, which I really don’t mind, but also the rear climate control module, which is disappointing.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You forgot to mention the foot-activated liftgate was also deleted.
As for the temperature displays, the Aviator also had them deleted. My 2020 has them but it is no longer on the 2021+ models.

Peter

I my opinion Ford is going backwards on all of these item deletes. I glad I bought a 2020 Platinum when I did. I enjoy all of those luxuries.
TBill

Makes one wonder what happens when some of this stuff fails on a 2020. Does the dealer go "Sorry its broken, but we don't fix that stuff anymore because they don't have it on the new ones." Likely not. It will get fixed; which makes the "supply chain problem" sound pretty hollow.

Makes one wonder what happens when some of this stuff fails on a 2020. Does the dealer go "Sorry its broken, but we don't fix that stuff anymore because they don't have it on the new ones." Likely not. It will get fixed; which makes the "supply chain problem" sound pretty hollow.
Since I lease my vehicles, it's another thing I'm not concerned about.;)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You forgot to mention the foot-activated liftgate was also deleted.
As for the temperature displays, the Aviator also had them deleted. My 2020 has them but it is no longer on the 2021+ models.

Peter
Friend of mine has a 2021 xlt sport appearance package and it has the displays on the hvac controls. My wife noticed right away our 2022 limited didn’t have it like our 2020 xlt had.

So before we decided to buy used, I questioned these deletes on a '22 Limited, as on the window sticker I would have received a few hundred $$ back due to these deletions, specifically the auto start/stop and rear climate control delete. I did some digging online and found that Ford would in the future (when parts were available) contact me and install at no charge. The window sticker credits were to appease the buyer for the wait. Of course the salesperson knew nothing of this until I showed him a few online articles. He then spoke to service who then showed me the Ford letter about the future installs. I can't speak to the OP and their missing temps on the center console, as that was there on the one we were considering, or to the best of my memory it was there.

So before we decided to buy used, I questioned these deletes on a '22 Limited, as on the window sticker I would have received a few hundred $$ back due to these deletions, specifically the auto start/stop and rear climate control delete. I did some digging online and found that Ford would in the future (when parts were available) contact me and install at no charge. The window sticker credits were to appease the buyer for the wait. Of course the salesperson knew nothing of this until I showed him a few online articles. He then spoke to service who then showed me the Ford letter about the future installs. I can't speak to the OP and their missing temps on the center console, as that was there on the one we were considering.
That’s very interesting, could you provide a link to this information? Not that I don’t believe you, I’d just like to see for myself, thank you!

That’s very interesting, could you provide a link to this information? Not that I don’t believe you, I’d just like to see for myself, thank you!
Never mind, I looked around and found it, thank you!

........................................ I can't speak to the OP and their missing temps on the center console, as that was there on the one we were considering.
Are you referring to the temperature displayed above the toggle switches? I haven't seen what they look like in the Explorer but this is what I have on my Aviator.

Peter

Controls.jpg

Back