Clock options after V3.5.1 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clock options after V3.5.1

tucker_bmd

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT AWD
OK, so since I can't figure out this 911 assist issue, it's got me wondering if somehow I got a bad install by the dealer technician. And hence me asking if others have noticed a couple of the clock settings have disappeared?

1) I used to have a daylight savings on/off option, not there anymore.
2) I used to have a GPS clock sync on/off, now I have GPS Clock Sync reset.

Does this switch from on/off to reset mean what it says? My clock is now drifting at the mercy of the accuracy of the car's clock? And I can reset sync to GPS when I feel like it? Seems like an odd programming change to make but Ford probably has a good reason for the change.

Do others with V3.5.1 have this as well? Please help my recent paranoia with MFT and let me know if you get a second.

Why would Ford remove (or move and I can't find) Daylight saving on/off?

... And hence me asking if others have noticed a couple of the clock settings have disappeared?

1) I used to have a daylight savings on/off option, not there anymore.
2) I used to have a GPS clock sync on/off, now I have GPS Clock Sync reset.

I'll answer my own questions, I did some poking around on the Edge forums and learned other people have mentioned the two above changes. Did find a great thread over there about poster's thinking Ford made an effort to make MFT simpler to be more acceptable to the general public and removed some "advanced" options. Poster's complained that Ford should have made an advanced options menu section, moving features to it instead of deleting them and annoying customers that have been using them since they bought their cars. Kind of makes sense to me.

Back