Code 214 Fixxed but still underpowerd? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Code 214 Fixxed but still underpowerd?

kid101skater

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Limited
Ok so i had a code 214 now, and i got a new camshaft sensor and it made the Check engine light go away but it still feels underpowered or a slight missfire, anyone have any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where did you get the cam sensor from and what did it cost? i have to do it too. did you take the intake off to get to it? as far as your misfire issue is concerned, i would check your coil pack, plugs, and wires. there is a resistance check you can do on the coil pack from each port to a pin on the connector, but i would have to look it up in the manual to be sure.

i got mine from napa :) .. And i did plugs and wires about 500 miles earlier, so now im wondering if it is the coil pack, or ignition coil. I just dunno. I have no check engine light so thats what makes me think its something small.

did you check for vaccum leaks? might have a cracked line or broken hose somewhere out of sight.

yeah i already did that, replaced a few already... Im wondering if the EGR may need replaced?

I had an issue with my 92 and after the repair it still didn't drive right. Drove it over 200 miles expecting the computer to self adjust itself. Finally tried disconnecting the battery.
That made everything right again. Theoretically it should have corrected itself but it didn't. Something cheap and easy you could try.

Back