Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

Is this confirmed?

From my homework it is. I'm buying one now, an airaid (451-260)from 4wheelonline for 230 because the kn is not street legal in PA. Everything is identical in a side by side photo of the intakes locations. The factory airboxes are the same in photos. So in a few days when it's in and running Ill take a photo.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the details

Im going with the k&n because of the metal intake tube. Best price Ive found is from partsgeek.com

anxiously awaiting the "guinea pig" to fit these intakes so I know which one to buy...lol

hurry up guys!

Sorry still no intake yet. It has been ordered since last Friday. I'm thinking with the holidays it was gonna be a longer wait.
As soon as it gets in I will get some pics up.
I didn't go with the K & N because it wasn't legal in PA

Im going with the k&n because of the metal intake tube. Best price Ive found is from partsgeek.com

And I also heard the k&n intake tube holds on to heat and in turn warms the air going into the turbo.

Just installed my airaid for a SHO in my 2013 sport. Perfect fit, fit like a glove.

-374E-442D-9A73-FA56C5EF677D-8613-00000438D03CA9D3.jpg

-2D8E-466C-92E7-D95DF54F52FE-8613-00000438C86A5C03.jpg

Looks sweet!
I actually ordered the k&n typhoon intake for the SHO for my Sport tonight. Hopefully it will fit just as well as the airraid. How is the sound with the Airraid? Can you hear the turbos spool now and the sound of the dv releasing? Ive never had any trouble with heat on my other turbo cars using aluminum intakes. That Airraid does look awesome sitting under the hood.

It was so cold I didn't take it out last evening. But I will today and report back. Got it at advance online. 15% off and $50 gift card. Was like $230

I knew it!! Thanks man!! Now I'm real excited, mine should be here any day.

I have a 12 SHO and the airbox and plumbing are exactly like the 13 Sport I just picked up. Unless there are some small differences that I'm not seeing they are interchangeable. I'm absolutely positive the filters are the same.

I knew it too...looks good.

Okay, took her out. Dry roads. Brisk 49 degrees. I always use 93 octane in my higher performance cars. (Shelby requires, exploder Sport recommnends). Disconnected the battery cable during installation. And...

WOW. Throttle much more responsive. Airaid claims 12-15hp but it "feels" like more. Not sure how much is due to resetting the computer.

Turbo whistle is a little more noticeable, barely with windows up, moreso with them down. Next it's exhaust (magnaflow) and done retrofitsource HIDs

Just called Magnaflow. The system that will fit the Sport is not out yet.

What is the model # on the AirRaid?

Just called Magnaflow. The system that will fit the Sport is not out yet.

What is the model # on the AirRaid?

Here is the magnaflow you will be looking for, MagnaFlow PN 15218.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rau8zJMdiDQ

The airaid intake is 451-260 without oil 450-260 with oil.

Looks like hottexhaust .com has the 15218 in stock and on sale for 780.00

Here is the magnaflow you will be looking for, MagnaFlow PN 15218.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rau8zJMdiDQ

The airaid intake is 451-260 without oil 450-260 with oil.

Looks like hottexhaust .com has the 15218 in stock and on sale for 780.00
Which one did you get? If you get the no oil filter do you replace the filter when it's dirty? Which flows better?

Which one did you get? If you get the no oil filter do you replace the filter when it's dirty? Which flows better?

I ordered the no oil, you can wash the filter and not have to worry about re oiling it. It was a few dollars more but it's worth it.

I ordered the no oil, you can wash the filter and not have to worry about re oiling it. It was a few dollars more but it's worth it.

Thanks.

That's strange. I was just on the phone directly with magnaflow on Wednesday and they said it wasn't for sale yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's strange. I was just on the phone directly with magnaflow on Wednesday and they said it wasn't for sale yet.

Customer services rarely ever has a clue about anything. Always do some of your own homework before you call any of these clowns on the phone. Then you can always say, "wait a minute"!!

Back