• Register Today It's free!

Color ideas

Raph X.

Reaction score
City, State
SACRAMENTO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, explorer sport.
So i got some cracking body paint going on that I'm thinking its time for a touch up or color change. I was thinking of going back to original black but was thinking of flat black. Anyone have an all black Ex that can share pics to help me get an idea of how itll look? That be awesome help

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

black as in black trim all? or black pain on black trim? im if your sport is already black, i think gloss black would fit slightly better, unless its faded

black as in black trim all? or black pain on black trim? im if your sport is already black, i think gloss black would fit slightly better, unless its faded
I painted my Ex mineral gray a while ago. It was originaly black. I painted the grey trim texture bed liner paint. But since it has cracked and fallen off some areas im wanting a color change.

20220524_070308.jpg

Just sayin'

I owned one gloss black car and for 7 years I never stopped washing it...

Never again will make that mistake - your mileage may vary.

when clean, black looks sick. but it shows every speck of dirt, and also shows swirl marks easily from washng 🤣 double edged sword

My friend has a black excursion, it shows every fingerprint. Black or white cars are the hardest to keep clean

Silver is where it's at.

One word answer

Monstaliner

One word answer

Monstaliner
Thats actually what i originally had in mind i already have the hood and plastic trim pieces bed lined. I was thinking of doing the whole thing but wanted to ask how itll look all black lol.

All black always looks great

This picture is of my black Limited right after I got it, it shows the flat/dead paint versus the gloss. Thus truck wasn't taken care of well, the hood was replaced and painted(it was red).

I would suggest making it all the same, a mixture looks bad.

1st pics 2.JPG

Back