common mods... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

common mods...

The logic that is built into the EB platform will autocorrect if you will. There are no gains that will be had on a stock tune. The ECM will not allow for deviation from what it is told parameters should be. That car in the graph has a tune, no doubt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what is the stock boost and how much more does a typical tune add....

Stock boost is limited by the factory 2BAR MAP sensor to >14.9#. There are factory spikes that already exceed that threshold. So with our 3 BAR tuning we are mostly taking advantage of the car's engineering, and turning it against itself to apply the additional power that is otherwise lost.

Stock boost is limited by the factory 2BAR MAP sensor to >14.9#. There are factory spikes that already exceed that threshold. So with our 3 BAR tuning we are mostly taking advantage of the car's engineering, and turning it against itself to apply the additional power that is otherwise lost.
doesnt 2bar equate to 29psi or so... so youre saying that the 2bar isnt enough... not sure if I read that right..

You are confusing gauge and absolute pressure. The 2bar sensor reads to 14.x psi gauge, which is about 29psi absolute.

doesnt 2bar equate to 29psi or so... so youre saying that the 2bar isnt enough... not sure if I read that right..

2bar map sensors read 1bar of vacuum, 1bar of positive manifold pressure. 29.4psi of capability. 3bar would give you 44.1psi of capability, 2bar of positive manifold pressure, 1bar of vacuum.

What’s up y’all. Just picked up a 2019 Sport. What mods should I do first?

Planned: blackout emblems, wheels, tint front, replace high beams with LED.

Thinking about: performance and/or gas saving ECU (anyone run a Pedal Commander?)

What else have you done to make your explorer yours?!

E19795A9-4B06-4D72-BB6F-7A3F58CF32B1.jpeg

Thinking about: performance and/or gas saving ECU (anyone run a Pedal Commander?)

View attachment 435891
Welcome!!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
There are many threads on different mods that members have done. Familiarizing yourself with the "search' feature, upper right, may be a good start. Use the "Advanced Search" then "Search Threads".
Here are 2 that I found, Pedal Commander

Good luck.

Peter

Back