CompuStar Alarm - Enabling the Factory Door Keypad + Drivers Door Priority Unlock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CompuStar Alarm - Enabling the Factory Door Keypad + Drivers Door Priority Unlock

ghosted

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT, 2018 XLT
I have a CompuStar alarm tied into my truck.

I am having an issue with two things. Someone else must have come across these issues before!

1. How do I tie in my factory Door Keypad to my CompuStar Alarm? Obviously, I just want it to do the same things my stock alarm did.

2. How do i set up Driver Door Priority Unlock? I know how to do it on the alarm end, as far as programming, but I need to wire it up!

Spoke to CompuStar

Apparently in the CM3300 V.3 you can not use the keypad because there is no aux input... :( there must be a way around this!

2. Or/Bl on CompuStar Hooked up to what on the truck?

From reading the install for the "factory" codealarm for to 02-05 Explorers the keypad will only work to unlock the door, not disable the alarm. You have to program a delay for the alarm. I guess this works if you lock your keys in the truck like I do most of the time. The alarm will still sound after the delay. You could possibly rewire the keypad to work as an additional alarm remote but that's above my paygrade.

I believe the priority unlock is programming based so your alarm might not support it as stated by the manufacturer.

Sorry, I have neither of these systems, just reading the wiring diagram. Hopefully someone with first hand knowledge will chime in.

Thanks for the input

Yeah, I do have priority unlock available on my model, its just finding the right wire??

Back