Controls in motion and IOS in the car | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Controls in motion and IOS in the car

I think your probably correct about the laws applying to video as apposed to specifically driver manual inputs. You can be distracted by HVAC changes just as long.

I know from my experience with Ford Legal Dept. during the development of the Police Interceptor program they are extremely cautious so this may be aggravated by what the lawyers advise the IVT developers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The laws apply to video, not to destination entry. Every other manufacturer out there lets you put in a destination while you're driving.

Not true, many (if not most) other manufacturers require you stop to enter nav destinations on built-in units. I can speak first hand for Dodge and Hyundai, and I've read of many others - that's why companies have products like the Lockpick and other similar products to bypass those restrictions.

Not true, many (if not most) other manufacturers require you stop to enter nav destinations on built-in units. I can speak first hand for Dodge and Hyundai, and I've read of many others - that's why companies have products like the Lockpick and other similar products to bypass those restrictions.

Our honda accord, my Nissan Z, my bosses BMW, our presidents Audi all allow for destination entry while driving. If it was a law none of these would.

Our honda accord, my Nissan Z, my bosses BMW, our presidents Audi all allow for destination entry while driving. If it was a law none of these would.
Not necessarily. You are in the U.S., Unsta is in Canada. I haven't checked to see if the laws are different. You have the Vehicle Health Report, we don't. Why, I'm not sure.

Peter

So voluntary guidelines are definitely much different than a mandate, however thanks for the links. Very informative about what they are changing.

Back