coolant boiling out of radiator resevior | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

coolant boiling out of radiator resevior

parli22

Loco en cabeza
Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer UNEDDIE
As the titles says.
I'm having a problem with the truck it seems to be overheating. I replaced the thermostat for good measure even though only 10 monthes old replaced when drop new motor into the truck.
I notice a small leak where the electric fan mounts to the radiator. Cause from vibration from the electic fan. And to make thinks worse at the same time the thermostat for the electric fan when bad so I had to hard wire the fan to the ignition so it could work.

These are a few things going on wrong at this time.

I'm going to replace the radiatory with a heavy duty instead of a standard more cooling capacity and help with a the mods.

chris

For your overheating problem...Make sure you "burp" the system so no air is trapped in the system....It could also be a cracked head...or head gasket causing it to boil out.

Fix the problem already

I had found that the radiator which was only 7 to 8 yrs old had a leak and the thermostat was only about 11 monthes old i replaced both of them and have purge to system of air and the truck seems to be fine. I would be a leaking head gasket because the entire engine is only about 11 monthes old. And all new componets and gasket were change when the new engine was drop in.

Back