• Register Today It's free!

couple lifting options questions

DaFinksta

Reaction score
City, State
h'burg, va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I was thinking today about possible ways to lift my 1st gen x besides a body lift and the only two I can think of is Add-A-Leaf and Torsion bars. If anyone knows any other ways or has a good thread on lifting other ways than lift kits, I would appreciate it. Imma do a search now, but yalls input would be helpful as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There arent torsion bars on a first gen. You could use f150 coil spacers and shackles for about an inch and a half. OTher than that you are looking at cutting and turning the I beams. Thats fairly involved and only for people with good fabrication experience

1) how much do you want to lift it?
2) you can't do torsion bars
3) spacers and shackles?
4) superlift and skyjacker kits?

I wanna get some ground clearance without having to buy a suspension lift. I am getting a body lift, but the ground clearance needs some modification also, so I will just go with add-a-leaf and maybe shackles.

Just so you know, you can't add ground clearance just by liftin it, the only way to increase GC is by bigger tires. You just need lift of the vehicle itself to be able to fit bigger tires.

--Ryan

I was planning on getting bigger tires anyway, but thanks.

One more question...where can I get shackles/spacers?

oh, I figured you were, but I was just clearing up any confusion, and just making sure you knew (I don't mean to step on toes, just makeing sure)

--Ryan

I got my Shackles from Quadratec.com, and you get spacers from Ford. The spacer are actually coil spring seats from a 96 2wd F-150. I don't know the PN's right off hand though.

--Ryan

To be just alittle more specific they are lower spring seats from a early/mid 90's f-150 2wd. I got mine at a junk yard for like 8 bucks. I hve the same lift as you are wanting to do so if you have any questions i'll be happy to help

Later
cp

OK you want lower coil seats for a 97 2wd f 150. BE fore warned. Your camber will be WAYYY out when you put these in. An alignment is REQUIRED afterwords and chances are you will need new camber shims.

do any of you have a good thread or anything else that can show me how to install it? I am not very good when it comes to suspension.

If you feel like playing in a junkyard, you could think about the F150 leaf spring mod for some additional rear suspension lift.

CarFreak146 said:
I got my Shackles from Quadratec.com, and you get spacers from Ford. The spacer are actually coil spring seats from a 96 2wd F-150. I don't know the PN's right off hand though.

--Ryan

Which shackles did you get? I have no clue which to get with quadratec being a jeep site and all.

THey are Warrior Brand Shackles, the part number is WAR153

--Ryan

Back