• Register Today It's free!

crap tinting job!

ozexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT Quest
HELP!!....got the windows tinted in my X, not only are they not as dark as I wanted :( , 2 windows are going to be re-done on monday because of ripples around the back window and the amount of dust under another!

The question I have , is that around the edge of the front and rear windows there is this ripply/wavy pattern in the film....their answer was that because the felt around the top of the winow is so tight, there is nothing u can do apart from cutting the film 10mm away from the edge of the window:eek: .Other tinters have told me that this is rubbish, and while u may get a few specks of dust under the film, my car is a joke.
Has anyone elses car done this, is the tint smooth all the way to the edge of the drivers window, for example?

I'm about ready to tell them to shove their tinit job and go to where I should have gone and get it done nice and dark(interpreted as illegal..lol).

my front windows are tinted, and they did cut about 1/4 inch on the top for the felt. you cant even notice it though. As far as dust, they washed my windows, so there wasnt anything.

the only problem i have is the front windows are a perfect match for the back, and they are so well done, i refuse to take them off to get my car inspected...i believe it was due 12/02...just a little over a year overdue

i feel your anger.
i had a shop do my windows on my 92 and they clearly left dirt on the windows 4-5 i believe. I took it back claiming it wasn't done correctly the owner insisted it was then told me it there must be weld archs on the window or something out of the ordinary. He said it in a really shi**y way too.....anyways i got mad that he wouldn't fess up to his mistake and told him i'd be contacting the better business bureau about him, and he said "go ahead, we are a member."

so i said scew that company

Cutting 10mm away from the top edge of all roll down windows is normal. The wavy pattern on the tint film is not, however. Tint guy should replace that with no questions.

Back