• Register Today It's free!

Crash..now rattle?

Majisto

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
My passenger front window made a strange "crash" sound when I put it all the way down yesterday. It rolled back up properly, but now there is a very loud rattle in the door, and if I put the glass partially down, it keeps wanting to fall back down. Is this a broken regulator or something?

The sound was VERY loud when it broke, and there is also a small crack on the glass, but it doesn't seem to have broken in any parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump...kinda need to figure this out.

I had a similar noise sounded like keys hitting the window sort of but the window still worked although a little slower then before so I just didnt pay attention. WIth all the noises my X makes I start to Ignore them If it still works lol (i know its bad) so any help would be great , sorry I wasnt able to help you out with this.

I am gonna GUESS the rear window track fell.

I can not say for sure.

it is way easy to remove the door panel and look inside and see what is what.

I cant speak for him , but as for me I pulled the panels when I redid my wireing and I didnt see anything out of the norm . the sound almost sounded like the glass breaking but it didnt.

Back