Cross Traffic Fault/Blind Spot Fault 2021 Explorer - IPC Turns Off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cross Traffic Fault/Blind Spot Fault 2021 Explorer - IPC Turns Off

Kanebr32

Reaction score
City, State
STATEN ISLAND
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 explorer xlt
So I'm leasing a 2021 Ford Explorer. Every so often I get alerts for Blind Spot Fault and Cross Traffic Fault. This is followed by the dash board turning off. Occasionally other alerts will pop up as well all at once. Including Parking Aid Fault, Tire pressure monitor Fault and coolant temperature Fault. Took it back to the dealer. They claimed to at first have a difficult time producing the alerts. Then eventually decided I needed a new instrument cluster. Followed by them claiming the problem was solved. Just before I pulled into my drive way here come the alerts. Still occurring. Any suggestions? Yes, there is take it back, but getting a loner is like pulling teeth.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not for an X, but in subarus at lrast i heard one of the big modules is behind bunper so if it gets bumped sometimes the module can be damaged and that could set off a cheistmas tree, but not sure how the X's are done. take this more as a bump for the thread ;)

Thanks. Thankfully the car hasn't been in any accidents. The attached is my dash board off after getting the alerts.

20220604_103345.jpg

Thanks. Thankfully the car hasn't been in any accidents. The attached is my dash board off after getting the alerts.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Changing the cluster sounds like the last thing one should do. I don't think that the techs really knew what to do. I wonder what their next 'guess' is going to be? Did they check for any possible stored trouble codes?

Peter

It goes black. No picture to see. Completely shuts off.

It goes black. No picture to see. Completely shuts off.
I edited my post. I believe I misread your post not realizing the vehicle was OFF.

Peter

Actually, the vehicle is on. I just get the alerts and then only the dash board shuts off.

Actually, the vehicle is on. I just get the alerts and then only the dash board shuts off.
Okay then, you must be in accessory mode then since RPM is 0. Now it makes a little more sense in figuring it might be the cluster. Does the dash also shut OFF like that when the vehicle is idling? Did they pull any codes?

Peter

Okay then, you must be in accessory mode then since RPM is 0. Now it makes a little more sense in figuring it might be the cluster. Does the dash also shut OFF like that when the vehicle is idling? Did they pull any codes?

Peter
Yes. Even when it's idling.

I would think an issue like that would produce some trouble codes.

Peter

That last post was what shows up on the Ford pass app

Back