cruise control recall - what years? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cruise control recall - what years?

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
should a '97 Explorer have had the recall to add the jumper wire to the brake switch, or was this just done for later models?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know my 95 had it done.
Not sure about my 2001.
Pretty sure they put a fuse out there also.

They recalled and fixed my '96. They also wouldn't let me have it back till they replaced the sway bar links.

My 97 was recalled.

I have the recall stickers on the Intake Cover, recalled I think for the cruise control module speeding out of control... They added a fuse somewhere I think..

I have the recall stickers on the Intake Cover, recalled I think for the cruise control module speeding out of control... They added a fuse somewhere I think..

yes I know, I had it done on one of my 2000 Mountaineer's and my other 3 trucks already had it done. I just don't know if the '97 needs it. i'll call my Ford dealer and ask them I guess.

edit: oh, I see jremington59 said he had it done on his '97. so I guess it needs it.

I know my 95 had it done.
Not sure about my 2001.
Pretty sure they put a fuse out there also.

the 2001 should also have it done. both of my 2001's had it. it's a pig-tail/jumper wire near the master cylinder with 2 in-line fuses. it has a big blue sticker on it.

I had it done on my '97 EB.

Yup. My 97 has it done also.

Another 97 here...

They recalled and fixed my '96. They also wouldn't let me have it back till they replaced the sway bar links.

I honestly don't think that you HAD to replace them. you can politely tell them to pound sand, and that you will do it yourself.

I honestly don't think that you HAD to replace them. you can politely tell them to pound sand, and that you will do it yourself.

They claimed there was a recall on them. I told them they had been replaced at sometime in the past two years and they stated to contact Ford and they should refund the monies, but they had to replace them under a recall. Cost me nothing but an extra hour of my time. But this thread is starting to go in a different direction now.

Wait, WHAT? Recall on the cruise control? What are the symptoms?

Back