Cruise control switch-horn?

99ex22

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wilsonville, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0L 4x4 Eddie Bauer
hey everyone, my cruise control switch broke a few months back and ever since my horn hasnt been working. Can a broken switch make it so the horn doesnt work too? Thanks,

-Russ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey everyone, my cruise control switch broke a few months back and ever since my horn hasnt been working. Can a broken switch make it so the horn doesnt work too? Thanks,

-Russ

it could run through the horn fuse in the fuse box under the hood because when i was screwin around with horns, i blew the fuse and had to wait till i went to work on monday and drivin it on a sunday the cc didnt work, but i have now replaced the fuse and all is great cc and all....its a yellow 20 and big [~]
l l

My guess would be the clock spring in the steering column. Just a guess though if it's not a fuse.

yeah just went out and checked the fuse and thats not it. Everything was working fine til I took the cruise control switch out to see if the light bulb inside it was replacable, put everything back together and nothing worked. everything is installed properly....I dont get it.

The Horn is a simple 1 wire circuit, as the horns are self-grounding. I would check the wire connections again. You probably have one that LOOKS like it is together, but it's JUST missing the last 'click' to make the electrical connection.

Ryan

I had these exact same symptoms back in the fall, the clock spring ended up being the culprit. You have to take the wheel off to replace it.

Back