Crunch goes mounty... Probably totalled | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crunch goes mounty... Probably totalled

Well I was about to go get it washed... And then I get into a accident.

I was in the left turn lane, and the light turned yellow while I was in the intersection. It looked like I had the room and everyone was stopping. I was wrong and this subaru went on through and found its way to my front end. I was ticketed for failing to yield and niether of us were injured.

mountycrush01.jpg

I might take more pictures of it tomarrow, but I just cant bring my self to it tonight. Once my dad gets home I will have him call our insurance company and figure out what will happen. I am sure it will be totalled. I can tell the frame is bent already. The quarter panels are bent, hood is tweaked, front bumper and grill are toast. And the driver door is stuck, I did manage to open it so I could get out, but it will not close now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

98 mounty said:
Well if it is totalled, then I will be doing some shopping. On the brighter side of things, many people are selling suv's for next to nothing cause they do not want to pay for the gas.

where in MN are you? I live in White Bear Lake

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the Insurance adjuster came out today and said it is totalled. There is good news though. They are going to give me 8175 plus sales tax and some other stuff for it, and I got it for 6500. So at least I am coming out ahead there, although I am paying for it in the long run. They will be takeing it tomarrow.

I saw the rusty bent frame and suspected you were in MN. You made some short term money, but your insurance will most likely kill you later.

ah man no good. ah well at least you got pretty decent money for it. vent shades? ;)

and the motor :D

Dance a freakin jig! Thats great 99% of the time you NEVER get what you paid for in a car/truck.

Just a little update on this, months later and my insurance still has not gone up. I think from what I told them on the form and the police report I filled out. They could not decide who was at fault. I got very lucky with the insurance. I learned a leason with yellow lights too, I hope this is my first and last accident.

The 97 Mountaineer has been great. I've already taken two long trips in it without any problems. The only thing that has happened is someone kicked the rear passenger door while it was parked in front of my house in the middle of the day.

Man, I dont know if that is good or bad, but I hope it turned out well.

When my sister bought a new car, my parents bought her old car off her (geo prism) instead of trading it into the dealership for 2000. then it became my Daily driver and one day on my way to school it was foggy and I got rearended, Ended up the insurance gave us 2700 dollars AND that was including the buyback so we got to keep it. We took a sledgehammer to the unibody in the rear then put some machine screws in the bumper and from more than 10 feet away you cant tell it was wrecked.

Back