Custom Floor Liners for 2015 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Floor Liners for 2015 Explorer

GFox

Reaction score
City, State
Glastonbury, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer LTD
Alright,

So I've checked out a few different posts which cover parts of this but wanted to consolidate and ask a new question. We have our 2015 Limited on order and I want to make sure we have the floor liners when we take delivery. Here's the question:

Will 2014 Ford Explorer liners work for 2015? Since there was almost nothing done to the limited I believe it will but want to make sure.

Next I've seen plenty of reviews on WeatherTech and Husky floor liners (Looking for the custom fit) but compared to those two how does the MaxLiner compare. Saw a thread on them but all of the photos have since been removed. Obviously the price point on the MaxLiner is much lower ($199.97 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYHWT4W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&s=) but is this a case of "you get what you pay for?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those look really nice, they weren't around when many of us got the Husky liner set through a group buy discount organised by Blwnsmoke.(back in 2011)

That deal was just too good to pass up.

The coverage looks good the only thing is the coverage lacking on carpeted shoulder of the driver/passenger door sill. Thats the area I believe gets the most damage from foot strikes on ingress/egress.

Husky mats cover most of this area, these ones along with the WeatherTech dont.

Thats why I chose the Husky.

The 2/3 row coverage appears to be same.

No difference in floor mats between 14/15MY

I have the maxliner floor mats in my 2014 explorer limited. I purchased the complete set (front, 2nd row with console, third row, and large rear mat for when the 3rd row is down). I love them. I do have a couple complaints. The drivers floor mat has two holes in it to secure the mat for movement. You have to really work the mat to get the holes to match up. The plastic fasteners on mine pop off occasionally. Even if the fasteners are off the fit is so tight the mat doesn't move at all. It does not cover all the way up to the top of the foot rest on the left side so if you want full coverage get another mat. Personally I didn't think it mattered since this is hard plastic/rubber anyway. Mine has the second row console so there is a small gap between the console, the mat, and the floor where it is feasible stuff could fall through. I don't really notice it. Otherwise the mats fit perfectly. The third row mat works great. The rear large matt is awesome. It fits perfectly and is well made. When it gets dirty pull it out, wash it, throw it back in. All in all I didn't want to spend the money for the weathertec or the huskys. To me they were just floor mats to keep the carpet getting destroyed. They look great and match our interior fine. They do not look cheap. I would recommend them.

Alright,

So I've checked out a few different posts which cover parts of this but wanted to consolidate and ask a new question. We have our 2015 Limited on order and I want to make sure we have the floor liners when we take delivery. Here's the question:

Will 2014 Ford Explorer liners work for 2015? Since there was almost nothing done to the limited I believe it will but want to make sure.

Next I've seen plenty of reviews on WeatherTech and Husky floor liners (Looking for the custom fit) but compared to those two how does the MaxLiner compare. Saw a thread on them but all of the photos have since been removed. Obviously the price point on the MaxLiner is much lower ($199.97 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYHWT4W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&s=) but is this a case of "you get what you pay for?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, I would call the manufacturer. I want the WeatherTech DigiFit mats & rear cargo liner. WeatherTech told me Monday that Ford mad some change in the front row foot wells and they are redesigning them. Second & third row as well as rear cargo mats no change. Just for what it is worth.

- Willy

Steve, I would call the manufacturer. I want the WeatherTech DigiFit mats & rear cargo liner. WeatherTech told me Monday that Ford mad some change in the front row foot wells and they are redesigning them. Second & third row as well as rear cargo mats no change. Just for what it is worth.

- Willy

Willy,

Let me know how this works out for you. I prefer the Weather Tech Floor Liners too.

- Willy

Sorry for the late reply (swamped with work and trying to sell our old car). Thank you for the heads up!!! There are no options out there for the 2015's so I really appreciate the fact that you called. I guess we will be holding off for a week or so. Supposed to take delivery of the new car next Monday!!! I'm sure we can manage for a week or so.

- Steve

Has anyone seen the ford cargo liner that goes behind the 2nd row (3rd row would be stowed) vs the weathertech one? Ford is telling me I wont be able to tell a difference, that the ford one looks better because it says Explorer on it and they are cheaper. Is this true?

Has anyone seen the ford cargo liner that goes behind the 2nd row (3rd row would be stowed) vs the weathertech one? Ford is telling me I wont be able to tell a difference, that the ford one looks better because it says Explorer on it and they are cheaper. Is this true?

I have the Ford one. I haven't seen the weathertech, so I don't have a basis for comparison. However, the Ford one is fine by me. After accidentally spilling gasoline in the trunk of the Camry (must not have tightened up the nozzle on the cannister), this was the first accessory I bought for the Explorer!!!

The Weather Tech front liners will work from 2011-2014 on the 2015's. I have a 2013 Police Interceptor Utility with these liners and they fit my 2015 Explorer Sport. I can't tell any difference between the vehicles in regards to the front floor liners.

The Weather Tech front liners will work from 2011-2014 on the 2015's. I have a 2013 Police Interceptor Utility with these liners and they fit my 2015 Explorer Sport. I can't tell any difference between the vehicles in regards to the front floor liners.

They must have changed something because they are redesigning them for 2015.

From my conversations with Weathertech the issue is with the left foot rest. On the 2015 the foot rest is smaller and I believe someone in another thread confirmed this. So I do not doubt your liners fit there is just likely a void in a portion of the foot rest where it has been narrowed.

My experience with Weathertech in the past is that close is not good enough so they have rescanned the 2015 and will make a quality product.

Dont get me wrong, if I had a set from an earlier model that with with this small exception I would likely use them too. As I don't I appreciate their redoing the spec.

For anyone interested I spoke to them recently and the expected ship date for 2015's is mid September.

Just an interesting note. Many people have said how they like the fit of the Husky Mats. I just went to their site and low and behold their Xact Fit mats for the 2015 Explorer anr not available for the front. Page says to call them. Guess the found out about the change to the drivers floor area.

There are posts that indicate the driver's footwell is different and that is why the liners are being redesigned. I personally like and use the Husky liners. The fronts cover that carpeted area right up to the door sill whereas the WeatherTech liners do not.

Peter

There are posts that indicate the driver's footwell is different and that is why the liners are being redesigned. I personally like and use the Husky liners. The fronts cover that carpeted area right up to the door sill whereas the WeatherTech liners do not.

Peter

I noticed that. Going to check with the manufacturer for estimated availability date.

GOOD NEWS - WEATHERTECH FLOOR MATS

Just got off the phone with Weathertech. The new Digifit floor mats for the 2015 explorer are now available. Although the web site does not show them as of this morning they have just been released and I ordered my set over the phone.

A while back I asked if anyone had tried the Ford cargo liner for behind the second row. When I called the ford dealership they said they were very similar to the weather tech but about $30.00 cheaper. I got one and returned it because the mat has a lip all around the mat that curls under, which prevents it from fitting snug against the plastic of the car. So Just FYI for all of you, the weather tech is worth the extra 30.00 to me because I if fits right up against the car, the ford one does not.

Just an interesting note. Many people have said how they like the fit of the Husky Mats. I just went to their site and low and behold their Xact Fit mats for the 2015 Explorer anr not available for the front. Page says to call them. Guess the found out about the change to the drivers floor area.
I was advised by Husky yesterday that the front WeatherBeater digital liners should be available in 7 - 10 days. Being in a country where the Winter weather is what it is, I personally would definitely go with Husky for the extra carpet coverage.

Peter

Back