Custom Rear Bumper | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Rear Bumper

Joe D. I'm surprised that you can not put a storage compartment into your bumper system. My rear bumper is only
8.5" wide with the storage compartment included. The 33" tire carrier and the 2 5 gal. gas container holder fits snuggly against the rear door, so it does not stick out very far. The storage area can hold my tow strap, air hose, small tools, small army shovel etc. and also has 3 built in trailer receiver holes which can be lock inside so that no one can steal them. I think it is possible for you to do it on yours.

Paul B.
91 XLT/4-door modified

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paul, do u have any pictures of your rear bumper for i was interested in how it looked, was it custom?? thanks alot

JayR, the only picture I have on it is located on the main page, look for my name and go down the page until you find it. I will have some update photo's soon on my truck and you can see them under the before & after section when they are posted. And yes it is a custom bumper. Ray Lobato and I are the only ones that have these bumpers, the maker of these bumpers as retired.

Hey Paul a little off topic but Im looking at getting a new Crew cab P/U and looking at Ford or the new HD chevy. In your sig you have both which do you prefer- any problems with the new DuraMax engine. What kind of mileage do you see with the v-10 and with the Dura Max? Im debating the gas/diesel question with myself.

Thanks

SteveVB, yes it's a little off topic, but I'll answer it anyway. Go with the FORD!!!!! My new Chevy has had lots of problems. The Allssion transmission went out at 900 miles, and the new one that they replace it with has some problems also. The Turbo on the Dura Max Diesel went out at 200 miles, but since they fixed that it seems to be working ok. The gas mileage on the diesel has been great around 14 mpg, and thats with a load which I always seem to have. Overwise you should be getting around 16-17 mpg.

On the Ford V10 I put on the new K&N charger filter system and that help boost my mileage by 2 mpg, which is now around 12 mpg. Before it was 10 mpg. If I had to do it over again I would probably go with the Diesel, for better fuel saving and better towing and pulling power. I have a big 11.6 Lance Camper which I use a lot and going up the grades I have to really floor the gas petal down to get it up. My next mod on it will be the Banks Power System to boost the horsepower. Otherwise I love this truck. I just add a new DVD TV system to the truck so I guess I'll be keeping this truck for a long time.

Thanks Paul,

Thanks Paul appreciate the input. I drove a F350 SRW, SB today with the V-10, I like it. I want to drive the Diesel but the only one they had was on a nother drive, and I didnt have the time. So Im going to check it out.

Thanks again for the input helped a lot

Back