3rd gen custom rear bumper

lynchy wa

Down Under Beer Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albany, Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 LIMITED V8
G'day all, I've been searching for some pic's of a custom rear bumper/cover for 3rd gen's without much luck. Can anyone post some pic's of their's or throw up a link I may have missed? Thank's for your time.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's a long read.. and I think it's actually a jeep bumper if I recall correctly (or based off one) But for what it's worth;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220568

Turned out pretty good in my opinion..

EDIT -- Page 5,6,14,17,20 and a different one (as well) on 25, ..26,27,28 is where all the juice is at ;P

Thatnk's for that mate! I'm going to start on it now! Cheer's again.

Crap.. if you see this.. check my post above I Cliff's Notes it for you! hahah

Thatnk's for that mate! I'm going to start on it now! Cheer's again.

Greg you sure are doing quite a lot to your Ex! :thumbsup: That truck must occupy you from day to night. :D

Crap.. if you see this.. check my post above I Cliff's Notes it for you! hahah

No worries mate I appreciate the effort hahaha, bloody good read tho'!

Yeah Nate I get a crazy idea then start looking at all the problem's I'm going to run into and those plastic bit's under the taillight's were doing my head in. I really needed some inspiration-this is a well into the future mod anyway.

Mate, you got me thinking when you said you're gonna start the spare tyre swing arm, "where the hell am I spose to put a 33" ?" which progressed into custom bumper and in that link that Brandon posted there's some good idea's on the spare too!

Deff post pics if you start anything. i wanna do me a rear bumper also

Will do, but it's along way away. Just abit of research to start off with. I like the style of your front bumper, and am trying to picture how that design can be incorporated into a 3rd gen's arse. In the link above Donner used steel plate to cover the gap under the tail light's left after the plastic cover was removed. To keep a tight fit on the body, I think some heavy duty rubber stip will have to be mounted between the bumper and body (on the sides anyway) to reduce/eliminate any rattles or rubbing.

Back