Custom Sub Install

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I really want some subs in the x, but i use my back, with the seats folded down all the time. Parts, toolboxes, all kinds of crap so no room for a sub box. My idea is this, could i design and mount 1 12" sub in each upper corner of the back. I have made boxes before, these would probably be mdf type boxes that bolt into the sheet metal underneath the headliner. I was also thinking of suing 10" slim subs to save on weight. Anyone even hear of this being done before? Wil it rattle itself to pieces, or is the sheet metal not strong enough?

That's an interesting idea you have got there. But there is an easier way to get a sub in the back without losing cargo space. MTX makes a "stealth" box that fits in the right side cargo pocket. It will fit one 10". All you have to do is make sure you get a very high powered sub and amp combo to make up for not having 2 12" subs. Just an idea, not sure if you had heard about those or not. Good luck either way.

heard of em, but i enjoy that space to much, and again, things are always flying around back there i wouldnt want the cone to get damaged. Plus i like one-of things.

Back