• Register Today It's free!

Stealth Sub Install Ideas?

97Sportrac

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
I was wondering where are some good places to put a subwoofer for a stealth install?

I was thinking of putting one on the right hand side and replace the cargo net there. I'm not sure how much volume I have in there. I want to put a small 10" sub there. I have my mind set on an Infinity Perfect 10.1. This is a really good spot but I don't want to buy one of those expensive JL Audio subwoofer stealth boxes. I can probably build my own out of MDF.

Other than this... are there some other locations that are good for stealth and practicality and give a good amount of volume to work with?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A lot of ppl have made their own boxes and put them in that location from this site. Some people should be able to post some pics for you. Someone also made fiberglass "pods" for over the rear windows, can't remember who but it was very intuitive. I can't really think of another good place off hand, rear pocket is probably the best!

In that case can somebody give me the dimensions of something that will give me the maximum volume in that area?

First, take a look at this encloser made by Q-Logic, not to buy, but for referenece
Click here to see!!
Now what I'm getting at is that the Perfect 10.1 will have some problems fitting into this encloser if I remember correctly, so you will need to make it bigger than the one I linked above.

Back