• Register Today It's free!

Cycling through presets

kbonk83

Reaction score
City, State
Chesterfield, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Sorry if this question has been asked, but is there any way to cycle through the 3 preset categories without pressing the icon on the touch screen? So can I cycle through page one onto page two of my presets using the steering wheel controls? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry if this question has been asked, but is there any way to cycle through the 3 preset categories without pressing the icon on the touch screen? So can I cycle through page one onto page two of my presets using the steering wheel controls? Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Since I rarely change the station I listen to I can't say for sure but everything I've seen in the Manual would seem to suggest the answer is NO on using the steering wheel controls. I believe t has been brought up in another sub forum. One way to check to see if something has been discussed is to use the Forum's handy 'Search' feature (top right). It is actually a recommendation for all to do that before starting a new thread. Happy motoring.:)

Peter

Nope. On my 2008 Outlook you could mix the presets between FM, AM and XM radio and it would scroll through all preset pages. I really miss that.

I am experiencing the same thing on my 2018 Ford Explorer. On other non-Ford vehicles, you can mix in presets of AM, FM, Sirius, then easily cycle through all 3 presets without pressing the button on the screen. I don't want to use voice commands to go to Preset 2, station 2, for example...instead of just scrolling thru each preset from the steering wheel.

I am experiencing the same thing on my 2018 Ford Explorer. On other non-Ford vehicles, you can mix in presets of AM, FM, Sirius, then easily cycle through all 3 presets without pressing the button on the screen. I don't want to use voice commands to go to Preset 2, station 2, for example...instead of just scrolling thru each preset from the steering wheel.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You should be able to simply say the station you wish to listen to if you know it. I like classic country but also occasionally want to listen to our local talk radio station. If I'm listening to that AM station and wish to change it, I just press the 'talk/voice' button and say Willie's Roadhouse, which is on Sirius, and it automatically brings up that station. I find that by not having to scroll through presets while traveling allows me to focus on my driving.

Peter

It's not a single button press, but you can use the right-side steering wheel controls - while in Entertainment mode - to change sources or cycle the preset pages of each source.

Back