Damarble's 01 Sport, coil sprung HP D30 SAS, SOA, 33s, 4.56s, lockers | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Damarble's 01 Sport, coil sprung HP D30 SAS, SOA, 33s, 4.56s, lockers

Just finished the rear axle today, SOA with Aussie locker and 4.56 gears. Rear springs are shot from towing and still need to be replaced. Also I need to weld shock mounts on the axle. This will all be done after the front axle is installed. It is a HP Dana 30 with gears and a locker to be added in a few months. Front suspension will be a Y-link with XJ coils and Ballistic brackets. Steering and panhard will be stock XJ for now. Tires are 33/12.5/15 Interco Truxus M/Ts on Soft 8 wheels with stock Ford center caps.

08-07-08_2019.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cant wait to see the finished work! :salute: you are an artist

also a question 2001 ex sport same as yours, tt shackle 3" body....35s? i know i should change the gears to about what you have somewhere in the 4s. if i buy lift shock absorbers for the front and back will it help anybit. i need advice, sas is out of the question im not that good and dont have the time, and soa doesnt feel right. will my cvs be bustin nuts all day if i put 35s on??
:salute:

Thanks for the kind words! As far as your question, 6" should be enough for 35s, the 5" from tt/shackles/body lift will be tight. I think 4.56 s the sweet spot for 35s, I have them with my 33s and I feel overgeared. I don't know about the CVs though, never wheeled IFS before.

It's almost time to take the top off!

I don't know between you and Izwack I'm pulling my hair out.

That being said, GET BACK TO WORK!!! haha.

Yeaaahhh, works kind of on hold. The weather has been horrible and I don't have a garage.Working on changing that soon though!

I haven't even driven it this month since I got the SHO! :shifty_ey

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Only rain this winter. Sucks.

I'm moving to a new place this weekend and I will have a 2 car garage all to myself so the fun will begin!

Nothing new body-wise. But I did pick up this baby!

CIMG0056.jpg

9.75" from an Expy. 13" disc brakes! 34 spline shafts! I need the beef for future plans.....think 400 ftlb tq and 36" tires...

Same axle as found in the new F150 Raptor so hopefully I can find one of the e-lockers for it eventually.

9.75" from an Expy. 13" disc brakes! 34 spline shafts! I need the beef for future plans.....think 400 ftlb tq and 36" tires...

Same axle as found in the new F150 Raptor so hopefully I can find one of the e-lockers for it eventually.

NICE! i was looking at one of those the other day thinking if i ever went 4 link in the rear i would use one of those.

From what I've read the 9.75 is comparable to a D60 in strength. Plus it already is setup for 4 link, disc brakes and VSS sensor for my speedo. Win in my book!

From what I've read the 9.75 is comparable to a D60 in strength. Plus it already is setup for 4 link, disc brakes and VSS sensor for my speedo. Win in my book!
sweet! could you by any chance get a picture of how you have the steering box mounted? also, what did you use for PS lines?

sweet! could you by any chance get a picture of how you have the steering box mounted? also, what did you use for PS lines?

I'll see if I can get one. Basically I plated the frame, drilled two holes for the lower bolts, slid sleeves inside and welded them in place, bolted the box up with just the lower two bolts, put a 1" OD 1/2" ID sleeve over the top bolt to get the position right then boxed the sleeve to the frame with angled 1/4 plate.

If IIRC the low pressure line is stock and the high pressure is from first gen. Plug and play.

any news on the hardtop

What till you see what I'm bringing home today..... stay tuned.

CIMG0079.jpg

CIMG0086.jpg

Does that mean the hardtop is on the way?

Oh... And the engine needs cleaned... Nice! But dirty...

I had a chance to buy a 4bdt for a Guy for a grand and passed it up. He had it the same way yours was with the front frame section. He had a gas can and even startedit up for me and everything. Wish I would have jumped on it now LOL ill follow this build closely.

That's what I paid for mine and I think I got a steal.

Brought home two more axles lol. I now have a 74 Ford F100 HP44, 77 Chevy K10 LP44, 2000 Ford Expedition 9.75 and 89 Ford F150 8.8.... Some combination of those ought to work...

Back