Cat 3 Hurricane Rated
Reaction score
City, State
Venice florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
Well,

I have some problems,

A few years ago my dimmer switch burned up, I replaced it, but the connector was a little ummm burned/melted. Then it went out the tail lights and dash light went.

Two-three months my turn signals stopped working, and my back up lights went around the same time.

Last month my blower motor/fan kept blowing a fuse.

last night my dash and tail lights went out again.

I checked the fuses and replaced the fan fuse it works for now.
I went to the junk Yard and replaced the dimmer and turn signal switch.

My turns now work, But still am with out dash and tail lights.

Any one?

Thanks

Will post pic later

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Ex is now in an undriveable state, So I feel the need to upgrade my thread to a 911.

I took apart the dash till I got to the speedo, which I can not unhook. So I stopped

My plan "A" is you guys and fix it right.

But my plan "B" is cutting the marker lights and running new wires and say F@#K it,

Plan "C" is running a relay from the head light/ dimmer switch to the markers

well after some dinner and a rain delay, I found that if I ground the melted shocket the markers come on. I hope that is it, wish me luck.

PS

Flicker is down, I still will post pics

photos

2188116385_f8e6ee469a_b.jpg

2188111913_412111166e_b.jpg

2188907246_f2e063f564_b.jpg

First of all, do you have a wiring diagram? I have one for Bronco's & Pick-up's but there's a good chance the color codes and funtions are the same. If your fried wire is tan w/white, my book shows it coming from fuse #4 (10A) in the interior fuse block. This supplies 12V to the Tail lights, Warning Chime (for lights?) and Front Marker Lights (L&R).

12V branches off through the dimmer pot back to the fuse block, #10(4A) on LtBlu w/Red wire. (My manual shows Wht w/LtBlu) This should supply variable (illumination) voltage to Radio, Inst Clstr, Heater Control lights, ashtray light, etc. Does that sound like your problem? (I couldn't make the connection with the blower or reverse lights...)

So, pull the #4(10A) fuse and verify 12V in the fuse socket. Replace the fuse and check at the fried end of that wire. If you have no 12V there, check an inch or so back, beyond the scorched insulation. If that's good then your problem is most likely the wire is FUBAR'd inside the insulation. You might be able to cut off a bit, exposing good wire and replace the lug (metal connector) If 12V is good then marker lights ought to work. If fuse #10 is good, then the Inst. lamps & Radio Illumination should be working also.

Good luck!

From there,

First of all, do you have a wiring diagram? I have one for Bronco's & Pick-up's but there's a good chance the color codes and funtions are the same. If your fried wire is tan w/white, my book shows it coming from fuse #4 (10A) in the interior fuse block. This supplies 12V to the Tail lights, Warning Chime (for lights?) and Front Marker Lights (L&R).

12V branches off through the dimmer pot back to the fuse block, #10(4A) on LtBlu w/Red wire. (My manual shows Wht w/LtBlu) This should supply variable (illumination) voltage to Radio, Inst Clstr, Heater Control lights, ashtray light, etc. Does that sound like your problem? (I couldn't make the connection with the blower or reverse lights...)

So, pull the #4(10A) fuse and verify 12V in the fuse socket. Replace the fuse and check at the fried end of that wire. If you have no 12V there, check an inch or so back, beyond the scorched insulation. If that's good then your problem is most likely the wire is FUBAR'd inside the insulation. You might be able to cut off a bit, exposing good wire and replace the lug (metal connector) If 12V is good then marker lights ought to work. If fuse #10 is good, then the Inst. lamps & Radio Illumination should be working also.

Good luck!

From there,

I do not know what number it is as the cover is missing, But the wire it brown with a tan line. I cleaned the conneection and pinched it tighter. And it works so far.

I blew the trun signal, fan, back up light x2 times but if i leave the fan on high it does not blow in a minute test,

But I got a new one my fount speakers did not work till I hit the wippers:confused:

I turned the keys off and on agian no front speakers till the wipers are turned on. The 3rd time they were on. weird

I am sure I will revisit this thread:(:(

Quick fix!

Reassemble the light switch and dash. Run an illuminated switch from the dash to the taillight positive you should also make this the primary circuit for your new HID headlights through a 30 Amp relay.

My 94 Eddie Bauer has the same issue. been through a couple of switches and my connector is burnt. I now use an illuminated switch to turn on the lights.

It backfeeds into the circuit and the dashboard lights and dimmer will work too.

Quick fix!

Reassemble the light switch and dash. Run an illuminated switch from the dash to the taillight positive you should also make this the primary circuit for your new HID headlights through a 30 Amp relay.

That was my plan "B"

Are you telling me to get HID headlights:D

Back