• Register Today It's free!

Dana 35 TTB question

nate12346

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 Bronco II (4.0 Swap)
What is the newest year of Explorer that had the dana 35 TTB setup before Ford went to IFS?

My driver side front wheel fell off my Bronco II coming down a mountain pass this weekend...LONG story short. My dana 28 is crap and I want to fix the gear ratio problem so I can actually use my 4x4. I just want to throw a whole new complete front axle in the front.

I have a 1996 8.8 w/discs rear end swapped. Should I pick up a 1996 dana 35 for gear ratios?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am way stressed out from the incident and just want to get it fixed quick.

Thanks guys/gals
Nate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the first gen X's {91 -94} had the D35 TTB set up

Ha thank you, I just found a thread with pretty much the same question. Ford went to IRS dana 35's in 1995 and on i guess. Thank you! now I just need to find one with the same gear ratio

You can also look at Ranger's up to 1997. On 1995+ Rangers the front brakes were upgraded to twin piston calipers.

Ha thank you, I just found a thread with pretty much the same question. Ford went to IFS dana 35's in 1995 and on i guess. Thank you! now I just need to find one with the same gear ratio

fixed

Back