Dash beeping, ABS / Trac / Brake Failure - What do I need to replace? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dash beeping, ABS / Trac / Brake Failure - What do I need to replace?

Todd82TA

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport 4x2
Hey guys, sorry to bother you all with this. This is an ongoing problem that I've not been able to deal with. For the past two years, my 2009 Explorer has had a continuous beeping sound. It gives me this error which says "braking system error" and the traction control, ABS, and brake lights are all on.

The car drives fantastic, has low mileage, and looks really, really good...

IMG_7118.JPG

I've replaced both rear ABS sensors, last year replaced the front passenger wheel hub and sensor, and just last weekend ... I replaced the front drivers side wheel hub (and sensor). When I scan the car's computer, it basically gives me a code that says there is an ABS computer error (I cannot remember exactly what the error is).

So my question is... what left is there to replace? The car drives amazing, like... I can't even tell you. Lots of power, really smooth... it's got maybe 80k miles on it, and I just got all brand new tires two weeks ago. There's nothing mechanically wrong with it. I've verified that all the ABS wires are good ... so I'm kind of at a loss.

If I was going to replace the ABS computer, where is it, and how can I purchase a new one? I did a search for it on eBay and all that comes up is the actual car's ECM. Is the ABS computer integrated into the ECM? I know this isn't the case for many vehicles.

Really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Back