ABS problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS problem

don blaze

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford explorer lmtd
I have a 07 limited with these symptoms abs,traction control and wrench lights coming on .....go about ten feet right front wheel locks up. Just changed drivers side front wheel hub assy thinking this was the problem ..... right wheel hub seems fine no movement or noise. Hooked computer up to vehicle and code C1234 came up? Which if for abs sensor my question is do need to replace whole hub or just the abs sensor wire?

Well, that is the code for RF speed signal missing so I would pull the cable clean the contacts and put it back on and see if it goes away. If it doesn't then start by replacing the sensor cable.

Thanks for the info i cleaned the sensor up on the inner fender and went to do the one down on the hub ..i took the allen bolt out and the sensor came off with the tip still in the hub. I tried to get it out but no luck so i unplugged the sensor up top and drove it around for a while with abs light on of course still.It seems driveable.. Hopefully i can drive it till i get a new hub assembly. Thanks again.

Back