• Register Today It's free!

dash/bezel removal 02

elcapitanmas

Reaction score
City, State
Coventry Ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
any write up or pictures for removing dash/bezel for deck installation? 02 xlt, I did a search but the post was gone. Trying to do this WITHOUT destroying anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone? Still looking for info on dash dissassembly for 3rd gen, want as much room as possible for audio/nav install.

Thanks

the bezel pry's off, start at one corner and pry it up, work you way around, there is about 4-5 clips holding it in. I use a butter knife or putty blade, so not to dent the surrounding trim.

jrford, thanks for the info. I have to check my 4x4 switches on my '02 XLT. I noticed that you have posted a lot of good info. I appriciate it. Thanks again.

To go along with what jrford said, may I suggest use of a spatula (the plastic kind) to help you pry the cover off. I know it sounds kind of goofy, but I had good success with it on my Eddie Bauer.

Tom

Not sure if you still need assistance, but tomorrow I'll be installing a new HU in my 05 and will take numerous pics along the way.

JT, I would like some pics. Thanks.

I would love to add some pics, but unfortunately I can't figure that part out... if someone could enlighten me..

If you look at the top of box that you type your reply in there will be several icons. hold the mouse over them and an explanation will appear. One of them is insert image.

OK, yeah I saw that. Guess I gotta upload the photos to a website first...

I just clicked on it and saw that too. I wonder if you can type in the spot on your computr where they are and open it in a web page? I'm gonna look around the forum and see if there is any help with posting pics.

I just posted a new thread.. check it out.. got the full install and also a few pics of the bezel being pried off. Pretty simple. PM me if you have questions.

Thanks, I checked out the other thread. Nice job with the install and nice job with the pics!!

Back