NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
I know that this is a Ford Explorer Forum. I need help to find a Ford Escape Forum Or can someone help me with issue.

DEAD BATTERY North B Titainium posted a topic in Forum Help & Suggestions Hello All- I have a 2018 Escape Titanium. I have had to give a booster to my Escape twice and the dealer has not been able to duplicate it. I have not left any lights on what so ever, they checked the battery and alternator and it all checks fine. Any ideas what can cause this ???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After how long of sitting? Overnight a few hours etc. Do you have a AMP clamp put it on the positive cable with the Escape turned off and see what the current draw is. If not ask the dealer to see if they have it. If not current draw then might be a loose connection if a larger current draw start disconnecting electrical stuff until it goes away then chase the leg.

After how long of sitting? Overnight a few hours etc. Do you have a AMP clamp put it on the positive cable with the Escape turned off and see what the current draw is. If not ask the dealer to see if they have it. If not current draw then might be a loose connection if a larger current draw start disconnecting electrical stuff until it goes away then chase the leg.
It first happened after one cold night we had, which it should not, Then it happen after a two day none use of vehicle. I took it then to the dealer and they kept it for two days on nothing, like when you go to the dentist the tooth ache goes away. They tell me that if it happens again call tow truck and have towed to them, but the way i park my car it will need to be pushed out. Any this just started. I have the car for 9 month.

If it happens in the cold you might just have a bad cell in the battery. Start backing in and relax, the dealer is trying to help you. If you don't have an AMP clamp to see the current draw then this is the next best way. A tow truck or flatbed truck can get it out backed in or driven in. Let them handle it. You can still put it in natural so the can move it.

If you don't drive the vehicle a lot, do a lot of short trips and/or run a heavy electrical load (lights, blowers, etc...), you may not be fully recharging the battery. That, coupled with it sitting over night in the cold or for a few days is causing it to be discharged just enough that it can't start the vehicle. (this assumes battery is actually good and there is no unusual/excessive electrical draw).

Otherwise, you do have enough of a parasitic load that is draining the battery enough to cause the issue, or you really do have a bad battery with an internal issue. I've had two batteries in my lifetime that had random issues that appeared to mimic a dead battery, but they would jump just fine and test just fine. They were on older winter beater vehicles and I never bothered to change them - just threw in a <$40 jump pack and used it when necessary. Another option, depending on where the vehicle is parked, is to hard wire a connection to the battery so you can plug it into a trickle/maintenance charger overnight or when left for a few days to make sure the battery is always topped off.

I know that this is a Ford Explorer Forum. I need help to find a Ford Escape Forum Or can someone help me with issue.
An Internet search brought up several Ford Escape Forums.

Peter

Back