Dealer charge to get vehicle | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer charge to get vehicle

It depends on the deal you worked out with the salesman. In some cases when the dealer isnt making any money they have to pass the cost of getting the car to you. The dealer is there to make money after all.

Exactly. A dealer trade from a store across town is one thing, but 200-miles is likely more money than is left in the deal, and I'll pass on a car that was driven 200-miles for the trade. I'll get my own stone chips thank you.

The dealers I work with (Honda, VW, Ford) all seem to have a couple of retired gentlemen who work in the service dept making coffee, filing paperwork and doing dealer swaps. None of them look like the kind to redline or autocross the work zone pylons in the cars they are swapping.

In fact, my wife has already said that is the type of part time job I should get when I retire although I might do those things I noted above. :p:

Thanks for all the replys. The salesman said there would not be any charge to me for the to get the vehicle.

Back