Dealership responsibilities regarding TSB's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealership responsibilities regarding TSB's

Have you noticed any difference in the sensitivity when it is actually raining?
I like the way mine works now even though I have some stray wipes. I am concerned that the new sensor might be less sensitive thus make the function not as good.

Thanks,
I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. We may have a chance of rain later in the week. The sensitivity can always be adjusted by rotating the knob toward the windshield to increase sensitivity. There are 5 settings and I always had mine on the first, least sensitive, setting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've put 3,500 miles since my rain sensor module was replaced. I went from multiple courtesy wipes a week, sometimes 10 in a row to zero. It has been flawless with one exception, it did one wipe once in that time frame and I'll chalk it up to moisture on the windshield.

No sensitivity change.. it's been a nice fix!!

My dealer didn't duplicate it the first time but after showing the video I took from my cell phone showing the 10 wipes on a bright sunny day, they said they'd contact Ford and a few hours later, a module was on order.

That whole issue is kind of amusing... my 99 Buick Park Avenue had rain sensing wipers and they worked perfectly... that was 12 years ago... LOL.

I've put 3,500 miles since my rain sensor module was replaced. I went from multiple courtesy wipes a week, sometimes 10 in a row to zero. It has been flawless with one exception, it did one wipe once in that time frame and I'll chalk it up to moisture on the windshield.

No sensitivity change.. it's been a nice fix!!

My dealer didn't duplicate it the first time but after showing the video I took from my cell phone showing the 10 wipes on a bright sunny day, they said they'd contact Ford and a few hours later, a module was on order.

Thanks or the feedback.

Mine does one, maybe two wipes, two to three times a week. It seems to happen more often when my wife is in the passenger seat (wierd!). It never does as many as yours did.

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. We may have a chance of rain later in the week. The sensitivity can always be adjusted by rotating the knob toward the windshield to increase sensitivity. There are 5 settings and I always had mine on the first, least sensitive, setting.
Here’s hoping for rain so you can test it out, Peter. :dpchug:

I've put 3,500 miles since my rain sensor module was replaced. I went from multiple courtesy wipes a week, sometimes 10 in a row to zero...
blwnsmoke,

Thanks for sharing that. That’s great it’s sensing like it’s supposed to. :)

...Mine does one, maybe two wipes, two to three times a week. It seems to happen more often when my wife is in the passenger seat (wierd!)...
Maybe it just likes your wife more, deerfarm? ;)

Cory

Back