-Deathrow Update Log- | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

-Deathrow Update Log-

I have Keys and add a leaf and Shackles and I am running 285/75r16 roughly 33's. I also do not have a front bumper and trimmed the rear and have a 3rd gen rear bumper. Not a very good side view but here she is. I am happy with how she rides.

View attachment 423597 View attachment 423598
Any idea on how to find out which leaf code ya have without seeing it on the door? Mine's faded to crap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry I do not sir. :-(
Preference of code U or F then? I'll look around the junkyard in the next few days for a good set, if not I'll look online.

Preference of code U or F then? I'll look around the junkyard in the next few days for a good set, if not I'll look online.
Love the "roof rack"! Is that chain?! Goes well with the skull up front. :)
-Dan

Love the "roof rack"! Is that chain?! Goes well with the skull up front. :)
-Dan
Yeah, they were some plastic chains and bloody hooks for Halloween, I ended up taking 'em off now but the skull stays. No exceptions, I'm keeping the skull lol

Annnnd now I've added even more to my list of to dos, can never have enough projects. Finally got these suckers in, some stainless steel tail light reinforcement/guards, need to paint 'em black now so I can throw them on. If anyone wants a link to the tail light guards, feel free to ask, the guy seems to still making them for the 97-01 explorers

20211122_133551.jpg 20211122_133557.jpg

Not very much progress on anything but diagnosing issues. But I did get some christmas decorating done on her!

20211207_175357.jpg 20211207_175346.jpg 20211207_175328.jpg

The tail light guards are sanded and in the works now. As well as another project officially beginning: a good ol' expedition roof rail swap, for an extra 11" of length, with four cross members. After that, a roof basket to cover the whole roof top, about 80" worth! The black hole from @gmanpaint being a lot of the inspiration and someones explorer off facebook for the rails, a bit of work, but fun ideas!

20211214_124522.jpg 20211214_123702.jpg 20211214_125126.jpg

And here we are, just waiting for the last layering of clear coat to dry. Should have them on by tomorrow afternoon! Used a hammered black (literally couldn't find any standard gloss black anywhere) spray paint, which as expected came out more grey than anything, which isn't too much of a problem, kind of like how it looks, even if it doesn't match the front end

20211216_081548.jpg 20211216_082458.jpg

And there we go, they're on, not perfectly. Smacked 'em once with the hatch accidentally, trying to get a rough estimate of where to set them. But they're fine, just a scuff

20211217_141416.jpg 20211217_140159.jpg 20211217_140127.jpg

Okay, so the ticking was 100x easier than expected based on description and y'alls opinions. Replaced the spark plugs a few months back, ticking started about that time, which I hadn't even thought of until a few days when I listened to the exhaust. At the time of replacement I found that they had been over torqued by a previous owner, one had to be retapped; which evidently the shop I had to tow it to didn't do so well. So thankfully I ain't over a grand in the hole since it's not the timing chain guides. So next is my differential in a few weeks and she should be running like new again. Then from there, back to tire, wheel and exhaust hunting. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Had some fun on some trails today, great way to start the year! Too bad the 4x4 recommended trail was dried up, need a good rain. Going back tomorrow evening to camp out, first time sleeping in the back of the truck to see how that works out in the finally chilly weather. Also finally swapped in some new upper control arms from Detroit Axle, needed to for so long...going to replace some other suspension parts and brakes/rotore in the next week or so. Also, anyone here in northern Florida thats interested in a single add a leaf? Decided not to buy another and throw them on but to swap to f150 leafs, its never been used, just sat in the back of the truck for a month. So if anyone's interested in a brand spanking new lifted leaf from ome, feel free to send me a message.

20220104_083839.jpg 20220104_083801.jpg 20220104_081026.jpg 20220103_121210.jpg 20220103_105735.jpg

Okay so, update: camped out perfectly fine, loved it honestly and even more tempted to look into making her a semi camper. Had some fun on the trails while I was out. But on the topic of repairs, getting incredibly tempted to do the front differential myself, every time I try to take it into the shop to have them do the rebuild, they say they can't get it in until the days I work. Which I legitimately cannot do, unless I buy a cheap little vehicle to drive temporarily. Rather not do it myself due to lack of experience and the risk of messing it up worse, but the longer I wait, the worse it gets, been giving signs for over 2 years now (steadily getting worse the past few months). But other than the differential crisis I'm having, getting back to fog light modifying, grill lights, adding a switch rocker, and FINALLY getting my roof rails swapped out. I'll add updates whenever I get around to one of those, whichever comes first.

20220106_001828.jpg 20220106_003210.jpg

Anyone else think my brother is being a bit unfair with his suburban? I come home from camping with some mud so he comes home like this, show off! Just gives me more reason to lift mine and get some better tires! lol

20220109_112035.jpg

Lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back