deleting traction control program? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

deleting traction control program?

damagexinc

Reaction score
City, State
Melrose Park, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 xlt
Is anyone else sick of driving their explorer and having the traction control kick on when you're trying to do burn outs, doughnuts ect? would anyone know if their was a way to remove the traction control program through a scanner?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search this site for "Brown Wire Mod".

i would be careful w/that BWM though. just because you will "have" 2wd you will burn everything up trying to "burn out" and doing doughnuts over time. then you will be replacing expensive and time consuming parts.

cure for that: buy a 2wd explorer. you will have better luck that way. just my .02

here is a link to the BWM.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149388

First, please note that because of the design of our transfer case, our systems are NOT designed to allow unlimited wheel spin. Allowing excessive wheel spin (e.g. roasting tires for a city block or running Control-Trac/BWM-equipped vehicles on a 2 wheel drive dynomometer) forces the transfer case clutch to slip. Excessive slipping causes a tremendous amount of shearing of the transmission fluid used in our transfer cases. This can result in burning of the clutches as well as the transfer case lubricating oil and is NOT recommended. Our systems are not designed to allow tire-roasting slippage of the transfer case clutch, and doing-so can result in major mechanical damage of the system which can require replacement of costly internal components of the transfer case. Again, make this modification at your own risk

Which is why I would like to delete to traction control program. If I delete the program the transfer case should never engage unless I use the switch the myself.

if it was only that easy.......

Which is why I would like to delete to traction control program. If I delete the program the transfer case should never engage unless I use the switch the myself.

Again, I would like to reiterate this paragraph with emphasis added:

gijoecam said:
First, please note that because of the design of our transfer case, our systems are NOT designed to allow unlimited wheel spin. Allowing excessive wheel spin (e.g. roasting tires for a city block or running Control-Trac/BWM-equipped vehicles on a 2 wheel drive dynomometer) forces the transfer case clutch to slip. Excessive slipping causes a tremendous amount of shearing of the transmission fluid used in our transfer cases. This can result in burning of the clutches as well as the transfer case lubricating oil and is NOT recommended. Our systems are not designed to allow tire-roasting slippage of the transfer case clutch, and doing-so can result in major mechanical damage of the system which can require replacement of costly internal components of the transfer case. Again, make this modification at your own risk

I'm afraid that's just not how it works. Rewiring it, reprogramming it, pulling fuses, disconnecting the t-case connector, or performing the infamous brown wire mod does not change the design of the internal parts of the t-case. Whether the Control Trac programming is functioning or not, the mechanics of the case remain unchanged.

I'm afraid that's just not how it works. Rewiring it, reprogramming it, pulling fuses, disconnecting the t-case connector, or performing the infamous brown wire mod does not change the design of the internal parts of the t-case. Whether the Control Trac programming is functioning or not, the mechanics of the case remain unchanged.

B...I....N....G...O

:salute:

Back