Delivery question...what would you do | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Delivery question...what would you do

dinah_kay

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XTL
Our explorer finally made it to the dealer. We can pick it up tonight, but there was an issue with getting the remote start installed. It can't get installed until Monday. We live 80 miles from the dealer. We already sold our other car, so the one car thing is getting old between my husband's work schedule and my oldest's summer camps.

Here are my options....
Go get it tonight, and then on Monday my salesman will drive to my house in an loaner X while he drives my new X back to Montgomery to get the remote start installed. Dealer will bring my car back to me. Or I can try and figure out a way to get my daughter to her activities on Monday, and take wait to take delivery once the remote start has been installed on Monday.

I see that Ford's rebates expire on June 7th. Ours are protected, but I wonder if we wait till Monday if the new rebates will be higher.

Any opinions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dinah,

What you need to consider is how the additional mileage means to you? My first Explorer (2014 Limited) was delivered from a small town more than 100 miles away, so when I took delivery it was approx 130 miles. (Then I had to drive another 40 miles home). At the time I didn't care, looking back I wish I made the dealer flatbed it opposed to driving it. During the break-in period I never drive it hard, but I don't know how it was driven on that highway from Thatcher. The second time around I made choices I was more comfortable with.

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't take delivery until it's perfect and request compensation. It never hurts to ask! :)

Good luck!

Are you going with the factory style remote start, or the separate fob version? The factory style literally takes 10 min to do and is done merely by connecting their laptop to the vehicle and updating the cluster.

Are you going with the factory style remote start, or the separate fob version? The factory style literally takes 10 min to do and is done merely by connecting their laptop to the vehicle and updating the cluster.

Well we ended up taking delivery today since my husbands work schedule is crazy next week. Worst case I will drive halway and meet him to lessen the amount of time someone else is breaking in my car.

Riley I sent you a PM about the remote start concerns I have. They are trying to tell me they can program my current four button fob to work remote start, but I don't understand how that is possible without losing liftgate functionality.

Well we ended up taking delivery today since my husbands work schedule is crazy next week. Worst case I will drive halway and meet him to lessen the amount of time someone else is breaking in my car.

Riley I sent you a PM about the remote start concerns I have. They are trying to tell me they can program my current four button fob to work remote start, but I don't understand how that is possible without losing liftgate functionality.

I responded to your PM. Do not get the system they are talking about.

Back