Did The Dealer Try To Sell You Any "Last Minute" Extras? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did The Dealer Try To Sell You Any "Last Minute" Extras?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dealer told me $1500 for 6 yr/100k, PremiumCare, $100 deductible, including oil changes. Not sure if I am going to take it.

Here is something from another thread...

http://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com/Explorer-PremiumCare-Extended-Warranty-s/740.htm

Price I saw was $1050 with out oil changes for $100 deductible.

I also agree with the $100 over cost. Basically you are paying the dealer $100 to fill out an application. They should show you the 'Dealer Operating Guide" with the pricing in it. Remember there is a $100 surcharge after 12/12 if you wait ti buy it. Also, you can usually pick a ten or twelve month pay with zero interest.

Can you get a Ford ESP after your purchase? 2 months into my Ex and beginning to wonder with all the bugs if it might be worth it now.

You can buy the ESP within the first year or 12,000 miles, whichever comes with no surcharge. There is $200 bump in price if you buy it after the first year/12k but before the 3yr/36 bumper to bumper expires.. I see Ford now offers enhanced first day rental so they will cover $75 per day instead of $30 towards a rental for an extra $80 or so. That is huge.. When I brought my F250 into service, I'd get a toyota corolla or Nissan Cube. With $75, I can get a nice SUV for a rental.. definately a nice upgrade for an extra $80 +/-

Here is some advice you should not pass up!

Only buy the "PREMIUM CARE"!

Premium Care is what I like to refer to as an exclusionary plan. It covers everything unless it is specifically listed as excluded. Those things listed that are excluded are break pads, rotors, wiper blades... maintenance/wear type items.

The other planes must have the part listed in order for it to be covered. Lots of parts in an A/C system and not all are listed as covered.

Depending on what state your in and the consumer laws in place, without the Premium plan, a non covered part that fails and causes damage to a covered part would not cover any of the repairs. Some states, very few, outlaw that.

I am a Business Manager (Finance guy) and this practice is definatelly the " standard of operation " across all dealers in my area - I find it funny tho that the extended warranties offered to you has a deductible, but I guess that is a common thing in the US, in Canada there isn't any deductibles for manufacturers extended warranties, however ours don't include oil changes? The only ones that I offer that has deductibles are 3rd party ones such as "Lubrico" or " SAL Extended Protection " through Industrial Alliance. I may not be comparing apples to apples neither as I work for an import company, not Ford - but still drive my Ex back & forth to work every day, and they just love that ;)

Another benefit you can verify as well is if it includes roadside assitance 24/7? Ours does. . at no extra cost.. again, Canadian, not US.. I'm not that well informed when it comes to US protection plans/ insurances. . Laws & standards differs, regulations, etc.

So does anyone have any prices for an ESP, raistlin maybe? The dealer offered me a 2 year one for 1800 but that did not seem good. As well since Ford warranty is good in both countries no matter where you bought it, would the same go for an ESP?

I am a Business Manager (Finance guy) and this practice is definatelly the " standard of operation " across all dealers in my area - I find it funny tho that the extended warranties offered to you has a deductible, but I guess that is a common thing in the US, in Canada there isn't any deductibles for manufacturers extended warranties, however ours don't include oil changes? The only ones that I offer that has deductibles are 3rd party ones such as "Lubrico" or " SAL Extended Protection " through Industrial Alliance. I may not be comparing apples to apples neither as I work for an import company, not Ford - but still drive my Ex back & forth to work every day, and they just love that ;)

Another benefit you can verify as well is if it includes roadside assitance 24/7? Ours does. . at no extra cost.. again, Canadian, not US.. I'm not that well informed when it comes to US protection plans/ insurances. . Laws & standards differs, regulations, etc.

Roadside is included and there is a $0 deductible option but it isnt worththe price increase over the $50. If I recall correctly, you have to be in the shop over 8 times to break even (8 times after the bumper to bumper is over) on the price jump. $50 is ones best bet overall.

Yes, my dealership handled it the same way with a financial guy signing the papers and offering me the warranties.

I can tell you right now compared to the products I offer, yours is a little steep in price.. For example, for a Ridgeline, I can sell a 7year / 160000KM extended warranty which includes as benefits bumper to bumper warranty, roadside assistance with $0 deductible on both repairs and roadside, along with a rental vehicle for as long as the vehicle insured is in the shop for warranty repairs. The extended warranty kicks in after the 3rd year of life of the vehicle, or after 60000km .. I basically sell a 4year / 100000KM for roughtly the same price, which again includes roadside assistance AND $0 deductible. .

Bought the extended Warranty and Maintenance. Both good values.

Remember that the price of Extended Service Plans are negotiable! I bought one on my first explorer and paid three hundred less than than they wanted to sell it for. If they wont negotiate, there are other companies besides the dealership where you can purchase them.

Back