boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
Well guys I got bored yest so I went out, got a 2 arm puller and went to work. Right now the truck is sitting on the bump stops with a little negitive camber. From the ground to the top of the wheel well is 29''. The back is only dropped with 1'' drop blocks but will stay that as I will lift the front end up to correct my camber. I dont know if its me sitting on bump stops or what but in my opinion this thing rides AOLT better. Well I'll go out and get some pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes I know the truck is dirty but there she is :)
12558drop_003.jpg
12558drop_002.jpg
12558drop_001.jpg

Thanks man. On ebay they were like 19$ for the pair (good quality) It was just a MFer to get the glue off from the old V8 badges.

So, you were TT dropped and now did a flip? Your truck now rides on bumsptops?

dang that looks good! maybe I'll have to drop my Mounty a little more...... :D

ton_e_montana said:
So, you were TT dropped and now did a flip? Your truck now rides on bumsptops?

Oh yes its on the stops I need to trim them and put the t-bar bolts back in to give me some travel in suspention

So you will actually not be this low when finished? Do you have a write-up and/or pics of what you did?

Well, because Chris was nice enough to take some pictures of my mess-ups the past few days, I finally completed my flip as well, along with his advice. Got the adjustment within 1/4" on the sides, close as I'm going to get.

I'll post pics up later in a new thread on it. And yes, that looks awfully good :p

ton_e_montana said:
So you will actually not be this low when finished? Do you have a write-up and/or pics of what you did?
Yeah Im bringing it up a little so there will be no rubbing. I did this as a trial to see what the ride was like. So far so good.

If you want a write-up bug Marc (draft) he has all the pics you can think of for this drop.

Looks great man! But I thought doing a tortion bar flip resulted in more LIFT not lowering? I could have sworn I read on here where somebody did a tortion bar flip to get more lift. Guess I was wrong! Anyway, good work!

rydinhigh said:
Looks really really good. Where did you get the 5.0 badges from?

I got mine for $14 brand new. I don't remember where but it wasn't ebay. I know it was from an article in "mustangs and fast fords".

ok i am ignorant to the whole drop thing.
what is a torsion flip??

Yes I know the truck is dirty but there she is

Dirty? LOL, I wish mine looked that clean half the time. Looks good! :chug:

lo xploder said:
ok i am ignorant to the whole drop thing.
what is a torsion flip??
Do a search for "going for the gusto" or "gusto". Should have plenty of info.

JTX said:
Dirty? LOL, I wish mine looked that clean half the time. Looks good! :chug:

The wheels are dirty and its been sitting in the rain :( . At least she is done. I'l have a new thread on my new goodies in about 2 weeks (leaving for a 7-day cruise tomorrow with parents)

j602 said:
Looks great man! But I thought doing a tortion bar flip resulted in more LIFT not lowering? I could have sworn I read on here where somebody did a tortion bar flip to get more lift. Guess I was wrong! Anyway, good work!

Funny you say that. Before the flip worked in my favor this morning, I did it once yesterday and raised the truck about 3" above stock height with it flipped and the bolt all the way in.. I was boggled. But no, it's just to lower, I have no clue how it raised it, nor do I remember, sorry.

I'll make another "tutorial" incorporating Chris' pics, some after shots and notching of the adjuster for safety when I get some time tonight.

Wow THAT is low. :eek:

Nicely done, Boomin. I asked Draft this question, is the ride really that bad? Is it like one of those bone jarring ride when you're (conventionally) lowered with 5 adults inside?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back