Did throttle mod but what to do about kickdown? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did throttle mod but what to do about kickdown?

Twilightcall

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' Explorer Limited
I took the slack out of my throttle but my kickdown is slightly off. Is there a good way to adjust it? Does it only come into play on WOT? 94' x Ltd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just about any manual I've seen has the details, can't remember them off the top of my head. Seems like it's as easy as disconnecting an e-clip (or something like that), then pushing the accelerator to the floor. If you don't have a print manual, try the vehicle repair guides at www.autozone.com

I have a Haynes Manual but it doesn't say how to adjust the kickdown anywhere that I can see. Please let me know if you can describe it to me.

From Chilton's (as mentioned above, the same information is available at www.autozone.com if you don't want to wait next time).
...reset by depressing the semi-circular metal tab on the self-adjuster mechanism and pulling the cable forward to the "Zero" position setting. The cable will then automatically readjust to the proper length when kicked down.

Thanks. Pull the cable out towards the front of the car then push the gas pedal down?

Back