Digital instrument panel on 2021 King Ranch/Platinum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digital instrument panel on 2021 King Ranch/Platinum

EXP Dave

Reaction score
City, State
MURRELLS INLET
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Platinum
We are buying either a King Ranch or a Platinum hopefully in the next week or so. Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a way to change the plain blue instrument cluster to the more traditional gauge look? If so, does it have to be in the "Sport" mode that also changes the drivability to sport (uses more gas) or can it be changed individually. We drove one yesterday at the local Ford dealer and that car got sold before we could decide. I appreciate any input as I do not like the blue screen very much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are buying either a King Ranch or a Platinum hopefully in the next week or so. Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a way to change the plain blue instrument cluster to the more traditional gauge look? If so, does it have to be in the "Sport" mode that also changes the drivability to sport (uses more gas) or can it be changed individually. We drove one yesterday at the local Ford dealer and that car got sold before we could decide. I appreciate any input as I do not like the blue screen very much.
Blue is the normal mode which is default. I've only used Normal, Eco, Sport and Slippery. The rest are Tow, Deep Snow/Sand, and Trail.

20200307_233213.jpg

20200307_233225.jpg

20200307_233154.jpg

20200307_233309.jpg

20200307_233117.jpg

20200307_233039.jpg

20200307_233027.jpg

So basically the answer is really no. You cannot change the background colour of the screen you want to use. The only to do it is to change driving modes. It isn't like changing your ambient lighting.

Peter

I like the ADI on the right.

How do you get the full tach to show on the right in Normal mode?

Is it not in the 'Display Setup'? "Add Tachometer to View" I don't have the Explorer so I am not able to check it out.

Peter

You can't on eco mode and normal mode. Will always show the rev. bars on the left only. Which is a bit confusing considering the Escape with the digital tach has it on normal mode which looks exactly the same on the Explorer aside from that.

You can't on eco mode and normal mode. Will always show the rev. bars on the left only. Which is a bit confusing considering the Escape with the digital tach has it on normal mode which looks exactly the same on the Explorer aside from that.
Thanks. Disappointing....

there is something that I like more about traditional gauges. Sport cars all have them and they are classic and clean.

Blue is the normal mode which is default. I've only used Normal, Eco, Sport and Slippery. The rest are Tow, Deep Snow/Sand, and Trail.

View attachment 342447

View attachment 342448

View attachment 342449

View attachment 342450

View attachment 342451

View attachment 342452

View attachment 342453
Peter, thanks so much!!!! We ended up the a 2021 Platinum. Getting used to the blue screen now. I wish Ford would allow the "Sport" screen with normal driving. I can't justify driving in sport mode just to get the screen I like! Take care and thanks again.

Peter, thanks so much!!!! We ended up the a 2021 Platinum. Getting used to the blue screen now. I wish Ford would allow the "Sport" screen with normal driving. I can't justify driving in sport mode just to get the screen I like! Take care and thanks again.

So, just drive in Sport mode just because it's more awesome. :) :)

Back