DIY How to install a Remote Start Alarm Keyless entry System on a Explorer 1992 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DIY How to install a Remote Start Alarm Keyless entry System on a Explorer 1992

On the 91, the starter wire is pink instead of red/light blue like the 92. That is pretty much the only difference I've found, other than the missing neutral safety wire...

Here is the diagram I used:

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/1991-/Ford/Explorer/520.html

The neutral safety wire can be bypassed by connecting it to ground. This basically tells the remote starter that the transmission is always in park/neutral even if it is in gear (not exactly safe!)

There are 2 pink wires. 1 is to the starter and the other is to the Neutral Safety Switch.:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Having issues with the starter start (nothing). Both my red/lt blues test out exactly the same ?? I also have two Acc wires the same test out the same also ? Ill look for the other plug, but the one I was thinking of is brown/black.

OK, I tested it and the same thing is occuring, Is it possible that I got the Red/L. Blue cables mixed up? Both showed a light when tested.

I was having the issue of both red/blu testing the same also.

I also appear to have two grey/yellow Acc wires of the same gauge.

I have the remote state working; I just needed new batteries for the remote.

Are the wires for the doors in this bundle?

door_wires_1.jpg

I finished the doors.

I notice the lock wire was orange/pnk and not yellow/pnk.

i have a ct-3100 auto start with key-less entry. i see your diagram and need some more info. i cant seem to get them to lock or unlock. Am i putting wires in wrong place? brown to pnk/y for lock, green to pnk/g both are negative polarity. Also i have the orange wire not hooked up on the 5 pin harness as i dont know where to put it. I also don't have 11: starter kill out connected.
I can start the van and stop it with remote.
I can kill engine with brake pedal safety.
I can see parking lights working when the system sends signal. Flashes

I cannot lock or unlock doors with system. Altho i do hear relays trying to in the remote box. This seems to be my biggest issue is the locking situation!!

Back