do you think fender flares are sporty? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

do you think fender flares are sporty?

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
i am asking this because i have very light damage to my fender and rather than have it pounded out, repainted, i was pondering just buying some fender flares, ditching the running boards and callin it good

what are you thoughts
i'm trying to be as street as i can but i'm on a very limited budget

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it depends.... ever see the chevys that guys lower and put running boards on with all the lund catalog as well with huge wide rims that are only like 15"s? yeah those ones... they have flares, and dont look sporty just fugly.....

Even if you don't get the flares, ditching the running boards would make your truck look more street like,

I thought they were until members of this forum wised me up. :)

i kinda like mine, although i need to run a spacer in the back to fill out the fender a lil more.

207001_117_full.jpg

207001_102_full.jpg

I thought fender flares where for covering up big tires. I dont think of them as sporty.

Heh you don't wanna sell me those clear tails now waht ya nnnick heh :(

If the fender flares serve a purpose, like covering wider tires and a wider track, sure they are "sporty"; but if, as mentioned above, are used on Chevys with Lund "bodykits" then no, they are not cool at all. I only see fender flares as useful if you are widening the track of your car, and so, are removing the original flares- if you dont get rid of the original body, then the only thing the flares are doing is adding weight.

Back