Does anyone know the PCM part number for a 2006 EX?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone know the PCM part number for a 2006 EX??

Foregus

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello,

my Ex has a bad PCM, so i need to replace it, but I need to know the part complete part number, the dealer wants to charge me 1500 dlls to replace, I know the part number is 12A650, but I need the whole number the one like "6l2x-12A650-xxxx"

It's a 2006 ford explorer 4.0L 6Cyl Automatic trans

Would appreciate your help

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The part number depends on several factors since it looks like there are 3 different PCMs for the 4.0. If you put in your VIN over at fordparts.com it will bring up the correct item that you need. The price for the non California compliant PCM's at fordparts is running about $638 so I am not sure why the dealership is quoting 1500.

Thanks for the reply!,

I need the CA compliant PCM, and the quote is installed, I need the CA compliant and I did see the part number on the website, but it's not the whole part number since I will be getting it third party, but they are asking me for the whole part number, with the numbers at the beginning and at the end

Thanks!!

Hello,

my Ex has a bad PCM, so i need to replace it, but I need to know the part complete part number, the dealer wants to charge me 1500 dlls to replace, I know the part number is 12A650, but I need the whole number the one like "6l2x-12A650-xxxx"

It's a 2006 ford explorer 4.0L 6Cyl Automatic trans

Would appreciate your help

Thanks!
Should be on the pcm on a sticker

My Pcm part number is 6l2a-12a650-bpb
but all i can find in my country is 6l2a-12a650-caa
so will caa work if programmed?

06 Ford Explorer V6 4.0L Automatic Trans

Back