• Register Today It's free!

Sources for buying PCM

tmarat

Reaction score
City, State
Atyrau
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer 4.0
PCM on my car is causing issues. It starts and runs fine on cold (especially now, in the winter), but as the engine heats up engine starts to stall. Slight knock on PCM also shuts the engine. Pre-heating it up to about 40C/104F causes intermittent no crank and frequent stalls. Overall PCM seems to have some mechanical problem, most likely a soldering crack, though visibly there are no cracks. CPU chip itself is a BGA type, all the connecting pins are underside and not visible. Mechanic looking into the issue does not have the equipment to deal with such chips and as I understand even if it is re soldered, there is still no warranty.
I looked into buying reman pcm from FlagshipOne, however, feedback I have seen on the internet is very negative. Has anyone bought anything from them?
Furthermore, overall feedback on reman PCMs generally negative. it does not seem to help much that these providers are supposed to test and verify the PCMs before shipping.
I am not from US hence cannot just go to a junkyard, they are too far away from where I live :)

Can you guys recommend any good sources for PCM? What I need is this. If I am understanding correctly first is version and second is the part number.
8L2A-12A650-GC 8L2A-12B684-BA

The first number you posted...8L2A.12A650.GC is an engineering number for a PCM for a 2008 Explorer 4.0...
The second number you posted doesn’t work for me anywhere.

Price a new PCM, then let me know...I may be able to help you.

In the following link it lists PCM part number as 8L2A-12A650-GC, hardware type as 8L2A-12B684-BA, and updated part number as 8L2A-12A650-GD
Ford PCM 8L2A-12A650-GC information

Plus Cordone's website lists the part number for the PCM as 8L2A-12B684-BA
Vehicle Parts Listing

I am not interested in buying new, it will be way too much expensive. More interested in either quality reman, or a verified working unit from junkyard. Would appreciate any help sourcing the unit.

Back