churd69

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Silverado Z71
PCV valve location on 01 sport

the title sums it up, I cannot find it even after reading multiple threads. the one pic that is posted doesn't resemble under my hood. thanks.

-rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 99 Sport and I don't know if it will be in the same location but it's worth a shot. First you have to remove the engine cover (over the intake) by removing the 4 screws. After you have that out of the way you will find the PCV valve in the center/rear area. There should be a "T" with 2 vacuum lines coming off of the top of the valve. I hope this helps. :)

icepounder said:
I have a 99 Sport and I don't know if it will be in the same location but it's worth a shot. First you have to remove the engine cover (over the intake) by removing the 4 screws. After you have that out of the way you will find the PCV valve in the center/rear area. There should be a "T" with 2 vacuum lines coming off of the top of the valve. I hope this helps. :)

Just like on my '99 SOHC.

i removed the cover, but only see the IAC. anyone with an 01 sport?

-rich

"The PVC valve is located on back side of the valve cover, on the driver side just under the coil pack. Look for a rubber hose (3/4" 90 degree)which is connected to a plastic vent tube that goes around the back of the intake manifold towards the passenger side forward and connects just aft of the throttle body (This is called a vent tube) The PVC valve is a special type. The PVC valve is an assembly that has an oil ring and quarter turns into the valve cover it also has a small vacuum tube that goes around it. I just bought the vent tube and the PVC valve for just under fifty dollars"

Is this right? I just bought a PCV valve for 3 bucks at autozone. Granted I can't find where it goes but $3 way less then $50.

-Rich

I merged these two threads together since it was basically a double post.

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
I merged these two threads together since it was basically a double post.

-Drew

sorry drew, didnt even think about that. So where is your help though? Somebody here has to have changed their pcv valve before.

-Rich

Don't know if this will help, but on my 02 the pvc valve was a pain for me to find. all i knew was where the hose form the intake was supposed to go into the left valve cover into pcv valve. I had bought a pvc valve from autzone supposidly "specified" for my truck and because i was looking for that same vavle couldnt find it. In anycase i grabbed that hose going into the vavle cover with the intake side out so i can rotate it. I turned whole hose that was in valve cover left and it came out with Plastic pvc valve (not metal like the piece of poor quality crap i bought from shop) easily. Its hard to see cause its black plastic and when you look into back of engine it was almost invisible.
It looked fine i just cleaned it and reused it. It definately was of much better quality and craftsmanship than the cheap one. the cheap metal one could not stay shut one way and leaked just with me using my mouth to apply pressure or suction. Again it looked nothing like the one autozone gave me for some reason. I can see why the ford valve would be much more in price.

I realize the pictures don't copy over, but here ya' go:

SECTION 303-08: Engine Emission Control 2001 Explorer Sport/Sport Trac Workshop Manual
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION Procedure revision date: 06/23/2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Valve
Removal and Installation

Remove the vacuum hose.

Remove the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve.
Disconnect the coolant hoses from the PCV valve.
Unlock and remove the PCV valve from the valve cover.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

It appears to be on the back side of the valve cover. There's only two valve covers, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find. :)

-Joe

I definatley could not see mine. I just reached behind valve cover and turned hose counter clockwise and it popped out easily.

Back