• Register Today It's free!

Donor Years

Paulyester

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I've got an 01 Sport Trac, auto. I need new seats, and the fan switches, possibly some new headlights. I was heading to the pick and pull tomorrow, what year of explorer/sport tracs were the same so I know which vehicles to pull from.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2nd gen explorers and 1st gen sport tracs
Headlights are sport trac specific other than the "3rd gen sport"

Oh, and rangers! Forgot about them

That would be '95-01 Explorers, '01-05 Sport Tracs

and dont forget 01-03 sports (2 door sploders) those can interchange all the interior parts as well as the front clip (lights, fenders, bumper, etc.)

Ranger headlights will fit the sport/sport trac??
I didn't realize. Glad I checked out this thread

Ranger headlights will fit the sport/sport trac??
I didn't realize. Glad I checked out this thread

No, the headlight are specific to the sport trac.

headlights are not sport trac specific; headlights off of 01-03 sports(2 door SUV body) fit perfectly.

the only thing sport trac specific is from the B pillar back (i.e. rear doors, bed, tail lights, gas tank, evap emission equipment, rear bumper, etc.)

the rear end is a match to 2nd gen explorers and thats about it behind the front doors that match

I did some checking this weekend, the seats from Explorer Sports do not match with the Sport Trac. In fact most of the interior parts didn't (except for the cruise control swithces on the steering wheel).

headlights are not sport trac specific; headlights off of 01-03 sports(2 door SUV body) fit perfectly.

the only thing sport trac specific is from the B pillar back (i.e. rear doors, bed, tail lights, gas tank, evap emission equipment, rear bumper, etc.)

the rear end is a match to 2nd gen explorers and thats about it behind the front doors that match

"Headlights are sport trac specific other than the "3rd gen sport""

sorry i saw your text not the fact you were quoting leenjen

my apologies colintrax

yes your comment of the third gen sports is what i was referring to.

I did some checking this weekend, the seats from Explorer Sports do not match with the Sport Trac. In fact most of the interior parts didn't (except for the cruise control swithces on the steering wheel).

I'm pretty sure some Rangers used the same seats. Look for '01-'04 Supercabs. The seat tracks might be different, but I know I've seen at least 1 Ranger with the same fabric as the Sport Tracs. Were you looking at '01-'03 Sports? Earlier ones probably have more differences even though the bodies were mostly the same.

I'm pretty sure some Rangers used the same seats. Look for '01-'04 Supercabs. The seat tracks might be different, but I know I've seen at least 1 Ranger with the same fabric as the Sport Tracs. Were you looking at '01-'03 Sports? Earlier ones probably have more differences even though the bodies were mostly the same.

I was looking at an 01 Sport. The seats themselves are basically bolted to the floor, whereas on the Sport Trac there are "legs" between the seat and the floor if that makes any sense.

I was looking at an 01 Sport. The seats themselves are basically bolted to the floor, whereas on the Sport Trac there are "legs" between the seat and the floor if that makes any sense.

What you're describing is a difference in the seat tracks. The seats themselves unbolt from the track and should bolt right onto the tracks, or legs, in the Sport Trac. Slide the seat all the way forward and up inside the rails the seat slides on is 1 bolt on each side that holds the seat to the track. Remove those and slide the seat all the way back to get the 2 bolts - 1 on each side - in the rear. This is much easier to do if you remove the seat with the track or legs from the truck (4 bolts per seat). The front seat-to-track bolts aren't usually too bad to get to in the truck, but the back ones are often impossible. The seats should be the same in the Sport, Sport Trac, and Rangers of the same years. Even if they're different styles or fabric they should still swap. I'm sure Aerostar and 1st gen Explorer seats will swap even though they are different style seats and the tracks are different. The holes for the bolts that attach the seat to the track are the same distance apart. I once swapped a bench seat from a '93 F150 into my '78 F100. I just used the tracks from my original seat and the '93 seat bolted right up. I'm sure the same is true here.

Will the seats from a 2002 mountaineer fit an 01 sport trac ?

You'll probably have to use the mounts and tracks from the Sport Trac. I don't know if the holes are spaced right for the seat to be a direct swap to the Sport Trac tracks since '02 was the next generation Mountaineer/Explorer.

Back