• Register Today It's free!

Don't get blocks at Auto Zone

4LF

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Holy crap, I just spent 2 hours putting 2 inch lowering blocks on my car. The U- Bolts in the kit from auto zone DON'T FIT AROUND THE AXLE. You have to get them ust right and use brute strength to squeeze them into the holes. I had to have my husband help me. Oh well, at least it looks good. Just a warning, though. I don't know if other auto parts stores sell a different brand, but the ones I got SUCKED.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're on now- I just haven't cussed so much in my entire life :confused:

Lots of people, including myself, had that problem. I didnt have too much trouble getting them in tho. I just bent them apart a little and then used this funny looking tool I found in my garage to squeeze them back together to get it in the shock plate. Been on there for 6 months now and no problems.

I've heard of people using shop clamps and other tools to squeeze them back in.

Yeah I know what you mean, those u-bolts are hell. Quick Grips would work good for squeezing those u-bolts together.

The ones in the lowering kit from Explorer express fit quite well.

Is there a need for this?

hell, they cost $800. they BETTER fit well.

Mine didn't fit... but it didn't take me 2 hours to make them fit. Besides i'd rather make them fit then pay a lot more from somewhere else

Originally posted by aldive

Say what?
He's trying to say you got friggin' ripped off :rolleyes:

There is no reason to post such a stuck-up remark here.

I had to have my husband help me.

So let get the original setting correct. Your husband is like inside drinking beer, watching the game, while you are out in the driveway, under your truck, installing lowering blocks?

I am unsure whether to dislike this man or think that he is a GOD.:confused:

J/K..........remember, it was only 2 hours of your life to get a mod done. That is not a lot of time at all considering the results.

Robb

Originally posted by morrisey0
remember, it was only 2 hours of your life to get a mod done. That is not a lot of time at all considering the results.
Very true. I've probably put over 40 hours into mine. Lets not forget the blood and sweat, too.

40 hours? this summer there were a few weeks in which i put in 40 hours under or in my truck and they end result really wasn't anything that anyone other than myself really cars about (rewired system, new lighted "expo 5.0" surround for headunit, flamed billet grille, interior painting, flamed tint, power inverter etc etc)

good work getting them to fit, mine didn't fit great either but its certainly worth it to save the money! and start praying that you won't some day become so hopelessly addicted as i am that two hours spent on your truck in one day makes you feel guilty for not spending more.

Keep an eye on those blocks, the ones I had started to crack and they came from AZ.

Originally posted by Jason_25

He's trying to say you got friggin' ripped off :rolleyes:

in a way, yes. i was totally wrong, though. 800 gets you shocks and sway bars. $170 is what they charge for blocks and U-bolts... nothing against EE, but for $170 the blocks better be platinum and the U-bolts better be Kryptonite...

You really have to keep an eye on EE!
wtf.gif
They will stick it to you every chance they get!
poke.gif

Originally posted by james t
in a way, yes. i was totally wrong, though. 800 gets you shocks and sway bars. $170 is what they charge for blocks and U-bolts... nothing against EE, but for $170 the blocks better be platinum and the U-bolts better be Kryptonite...

No worries, my friend.

The EE kit also contains the camber adjusters ( about $75 ).

I chose to go with the kit for several reasons: (1) it fits and (2) I don't have the time nor desire to chase all around for parts' the Brown truck delivered it to my door.

It might cost more, but I am happy with it and would definately do it again.

Yes, EE costs more but I bet their stuff fits perfectly first off. Second for those without a resource like this board I could have never figured out how to drop it myself and would have needed the instructions and all. I've ordered some things from them and always had excellent customer service. They're in business to make money...imagine that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't get me wrong I really like the stuff EE has. You can't get a better fitting part, as long as you can get it. Than the one's you get from EE. They just don't have the world's best customer service. And the prices are too dang high. That's all.

Back