Door Ajar & Keypad problem HELP!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door Ajar & Keypad problem HELP!!!

K_R_Aviation

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
Ok first of all, i have read about 20 posts here about the door ajar problem, and i have tried all the WD40 tricks, but to know aval!
Here is the deal, i have a 2003 XLT, door ajar light on, and keypad does not work, all doors and hatch, and hatch glass set off the Door ajar light, i have tested this, because i can get the door ajar light and interior light to go off if i turn the dimmer switch off and on again, kinda resets it, also after this reset the auto locks works when put into gear, drivers power door lock switch works too (after reset)
AND the lighted buttons on the keypad is a little messed, only 3 buttons have lights working, but after reset, all work!
PS even after reset, i can get the keypad buttons to do anything but turn on the keypad lights!

I think i have eleminated the idea of a bad door ajar switch, but now i'm looking where to go next!
Anyhelp would be great, thanks in advace to all!
Cheers
Kris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update

When driving to work this morning i turn on the read defrost, and my door ajar light came on, turned off the rear defrost and the light went off, i repeted this a few times to make sure, Anybody???????????????

after 2 years still have not found the problem! anybody yet?

Well i win, all fixed!!! it was not the ground, but when digging around the drivers door, i checked all wires going into doo from kick panel, there were 3 broken wires, repaired wires and all works!
after 2 year finaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back